RPG with romances outside the party

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Re: RPG with romances outside the party

Post by Ryocchi »

I think is a good idea, as long as the romance and dialogue is rich and interesting! ^^
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

I only wish that Pillars of Eternity had your writers. I really got bored with the game because the story was so lacking and never did finish it. Shame as the world and combat were all so interesting.

That said, non party romances would be great, I am just not all that interested in blank slate personalities for combat companions unless we are going to go with a story that these are strictly nameless faceless warriors of an army or something. Literally if I am traveling around with anything short of an army, I am going to want to get to know my companions, even if I can't romance them. I loved Dora and Ramas and wouldn't want to trade those two for nameless, faceless companions. As others have mentioned, DA Inquisition did it well as for a balance. Look back at Loren and many of your other RPGs, you have more than enough companions to make up just about any kind of team you want. I mean you could have up to 4 of pretty much an type of character in your 6 man party, and you had flexibility to mix things up. That is truly plenty of options.

I come here for games that have great story and great characters, the combat is really secondary, so as long as the story didn't suffer and I had enough interesting companions(even if they don't participate in battle) I would still be happy.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the feedback (and compliments!).
pahldus wrote: I come here for games that have great story and great characters, the combat is really secondary, so as long as the story didn't suffer and I had enough interesting companions(even if they don't participate in battle) I would still be happy.
Yeah I suspect that those are the same reason almost everyone plays my games, so I plan to continue making them in the same style :)