Heileen 3 (Yuri version) review

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Heileen 3 (Yuri version) review

Post by Franka »

If it wasn't for the profession scenes, it would be even more mindlessly boring to click through, so kudos to sleepykitten for distracting us temporarily from the click grindfest. :P

Nah, the majority of the profession scenes were good, in my opinion. I liked to see different sides of the characters that weren't so directly focused on the romance. I could tell that research had gone into those, as I had to look up quite a few things for my on-the-side proofreading, and I'm assuming sleepykitten didn't live during those times.
Mariko
Young scout

Post by Mariko »

Here's a thought. It would have been nice if instead of the romance ending scene ending the game completely and triggering the scrolling of credits have the romance ending scene go right back to normal game play and Heileen could have continued pursuing her career ending while being officially a couple with her love interest. There could then be options to occasionally spend time with her partner to maintain the relationship or the romance meter drops creating the possibility of losing her partner. Something similar to the way it was worked out in Spirited Hearts. That could be cool.

Too late for Heileen obviously but food for thought for future games involving romance rpg/visual novel or otherwise.
"umm... They were like this when we found them."--- Dora
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

I admit I think I've been seeing too many games that totally separate romance and career. Like you can have one or the other, but sadly not both. As someone in a relationship where the both of us are workaholics, it's possible that you can devote yourself to both. Of course learning to balance time for both is important, and if anything it adds something to the game since there's more to manage. (The challenge is that it means *more* variations and dialogue and little changes but it could be done...)

Juliet's shark attack, instead of throwing you to the sharks, she throws sharks at you. =o (Inspired by a tipsy Heileen no doubt.)

But I am glad the scenes helped break up the clicking a bit. ^^;
MrEnvy8
Official writer

Post by MrEnvy8 »

I will only play this Heileen RPG if rather than having a "Flee Battle" ability, you just have "Sloth Option", causing your entire party to slump to the floor until the monsters get bored and leave.
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Diligence option to attack, greed option to steal, kindness option to negotiate with your foes. :P
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

The next Assassin's Creed game is apparently going to be set in the Caribbean and feature Heileen as a privateer, assassin, and "occasional" pirate.
Spoiler:
Ok, so maybe not Heileen.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I love Heileen but just because it was pirates would it need to have her in it? The pirate RPG is not a bad idea in itself. Or maybe you could set it in the same world and have cameo appearances from the Heileen cast. Just a thought for the future.