Bionic Heart 2 - first concept art

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Bionic Heart 2 - first concept art

Post by jack1974 »

this is the new art-style for Bionic Hear 2 game (will probably just call it using a subtitle instead). I am currently thinking what kind of gameplay to have. Using a simple VN style like the first one is out of discussion, I'm thinking if to make it more adventure, or perhaps more RPG...
fleetp
Druid

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - first concept art

Post by fleetp »

I like the artwork. An adventure game sounds interesting. Given that you had so many different endings to the first Bionic Hearts game, I'm interested in how you would handle the introduction to a new game. :)
very respectfully,
fleet
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha well I would just pick one of the ending as the "true ending" (I already know which one would be). However I might pause this one and try to use this art-style with something more female-friendly like a fantasy game (need to pay the bills! :mrgreen: )
Jim1958
Young scout

Post by Jim1958 »

I really like the artwork. I would like to see Bionic Heart 2 designed more towards a RPG, but I'm also blissfully unaware of how involved the different types of games are to program and produce. Bionic Heart was the first game I ordered from Winter Wolves and is now long gone from my hard drive, but I remember it well. I do hope that development of Bionic Heart 2 won't interfere with the production of an add-on to Planet Stronghold ;) Maybe the new Tanya artwork could be used for a new character in PS. Bionic female that survived for centuries and is discovered decommissioned in a vault on the planet.

Best

Jim
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I hope to still use the original artist to make Planet Stronghold add-on, since would be bad to mix styles!
An add-on would add maybe a bonus character, bonus romances and probably an extra 8-9 hours of battles/quests, but not a complete new game :)

I must confess that I'm a bit burned out from making Planet Stronghold though, so for the rest of this year I might do something more "light", but still fun to play!
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

Then I hope Planet Stronghold is a success. On a side note, which ending of Bionic Heart is going to be the "true" one?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The "true" one (which means is the one I picked for the sequel) is the one where
Spoiler:
you (as Luke) escape on Mars with Helen, Tanya and Tom
Planet Stronghold so far is doing very well. Actually, I could say I am already recovered from the burn-out, the main problem right now are the "desaparacidos" artists (artists that slow down or completely vanish for weeks). Is a common problem amongst indie game developers, but thought is a bit funny to have SIX active project all on hold waiting for artists to finish the art!!! :lol:
JackoWords
Young scout

Post by JackoWords »

"Desaparacidos"? I am guessing you are *not* from Argentina. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

no they aren't indeed :lol: that was a abd joke, but I meant they disappear nowhere to be found :o anyway, two replied saying should be back working fullspeed soon!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

How's this as art quality for a game? 8) Quite enthusiast about it!