Bionic Heart 2 - the real deal!

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - the real deal!

Post by jack1974 »

Ok I guess I need to put a walkthrough... :) you can beat that boss fight but you need to find the right strategy:
Spoiler:
first strong resistance, then medium, then weak, then you need to electrocute her
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I preordered, and yes, I want to see it and I'll be glad to help test it. I'd offer to help program it, but I don't have any skills for that sadly.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hm well at this point I think I might just make it public, since everyone who preordered seems eager to play :lol:
Will make another thread!
About helping don't worry, playtesting is already enough. Is not good to be so "disgusted" (only because I played it TOO MUCH) about a game, so even if I fix a bug I need to test it again :oops:
rembred
Young scout

Post by rembred »

Tried like in walkthrough, still dead end.Example how i did:
Spoiler:
kick, scratch, plead, elecrocute
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sorry, the right sequence is:
Spoiler:
Strong resistance, average resistance, weak resistance, cease to fight and go limp, electrocute
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Update: I'm planning everything on paper first, but I think I have an idea so I can reuse 90% of the existing script, but made it in a more linear way that will avoid all those problems.
Ideally this time when will put the game on testing, you'd find max 1-2 plot bugs but nothing more :wink: I think in 2 weeks I should be able to finish, maybe sooner!
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Jack,
I appreciate you. I'm glad you want to release a bug-free product.
Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

jack1974 wrote:Update: I'm planning everything on paper first, but I think I have an idea so I can reuse 90% of the existing script, but made it in a more linear way that will avoid all those problems.
Ideally this time when will put the game on testing, you'd find max 1-2 plot bugs but nothing more :wink: I think in 2 weeks I should be able to finish, maybe sooner!
Why not split it separately, one BH2: Earth and BH2: Mars? so you don't have to lose 10%?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well what I'm going to try now is to keep the same scenes list, but have a central script that calls each one, so all the game logic is concentrated in 30-40 lines of code. Before there were jumps all around the script, which was making debugging it a nightmare (you would have to scroll pages of text to find the jump commands). Perhaps this system will work already, so nothing will be lost :)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:Well what I'm going to try now is to keep the same scenes list, but have a central script that calls each one, so all the game logic is concentrated in 30-40 lines of code. Before there were jumps all around the script, which was making debugging it a nightmare (you would have to scroll pages of text to find the jump commands). Perhaps this system will work already, so nothing will be lost :)
Uggh...there should be a law against spaghetti code. The more complex code gets, the better organized it needs to be. Otherwise we end up with a debugging nightmare like the one you've been facing. My condolences. In the future you may want to consider asking your writers to check in their code regularly so you can see if it's getting out of hand much earlier in the development process.