Bionic Heart 2 - the real deal!

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Bionic Heart 2 - the real deal!

Post by jack1974 »

So, the previous artist disappeared for almost one year... he had some serious health issues though, so not his fault. Anyway, following the advice of some users, I hired Loren RPG artist to make the art for Bionic Heart 2 8)
Below the first 3 concept sketches:
remember that they are just sketches and NOT finished art :) I'll post more previews of the other characters in next days. I am confident I might have all the art ready by June, so I should then write the game... alongside other 231094 things. But at least the art would be ready!
Jim1958
Young scout

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - the real deal!

Post by Jim1958 »

Excellent, I like the artwork in Loren.

I had purchased and played Bionic Heart but I had deleted the game during some housecleaning. Went to the site today and was able to download and activate by providing my email address. That's a really nice feature, thank you.
Best Regards
Jim
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Since artist is the same of Loren, expect some pretty good fanservice (though will try to put something also for girls or gay people). As for the gameplay I am still undecided if to go with a classic VN, a sort of dating/life sim, or an adventure (but this one is unlikely since would require much more work).
Jim1958
Young scout

Post by Jim1958 »

None of my business, but.....

Loren is a pretty major game, plus there is an add-on to do as well - Chambara awaits! There is still the possibility of a followup to Planet Stronghold which will also be a very involved game. So trying to do an RPG for Bionic Heart 2 would probably make you crazy and cause you to quit, and become an ice cream salesman. :lol:

The Heileen series seem to be more visual novel and you will be releasing a new one this year so the visual novel side will be covered.

Your dating/life sim games seem to do well and also appear to be quite a bit less stressful than the RPG so I would guess that the dating/life sim is the way to go.

I really like Spiderweb software games but they only produce two major ones a year and the second one is an updated version of an older game. Basilisk games seems to only get an Eschalon series game out every couple of years and Hanako games which is a more similar style to some of your dating sim games does not produce nearly as many games as you. I really like the way Loren is evolving and it is becoming much better than Planet Stronghold - which is still a really good game and people should buy it if they already haven't. I'm trying to say you seem to have started several series that could almost be thought of as franchise games but you may be running the risk of burning out by trying to push too many games out the door in a year. I think we saw five last year and Loren is your second this year.

Best Regards
Jim ( who hopes to be playing RPG games for many more years - and I do remember playing them on the first PC's in text only.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You pretty much nailed the point :) don't worry I NEVER thought to make Bionic Heart 2 a RPG! Once Loren is done, this year will also release the expansion and probably Planet Stronghold sequel but I think very likely during the fall (or maybe by Christmas). To be honest, I am already burned out now, doing RPGs is very hard - that's why after Loren is out, I want to make some more "relaxing" games like VNs or dating sims.
Not having to replay 100 battles to balance the gameplay seems a dream right now :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Here's 3 more: Tom, Tina & Roby. They'll have a much bigger part in the 2nd episode (in particular Tom & Tina). I am going to ask artist to make Roby a bit fatter though, he looks too much in shape :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Finally, prof. Mark, the evil Richard and Julia:
Julia original clothing was something like of a dominatrix/mistress, so I told the artist to draw her "normal clothes" :lol: though I might reuse that outfit somewhere later in the game 8)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Tom looks more geek chic in this one, instead of cool dork (if you get my meaning- not sure I do :lol: )
No complaints though :)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Jack,
I liked the art of Bionic Heart, the artwork for Bionic Heart 2 is also very good.
Very respectfully,
fleet
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

MarSel wrote:Tom looks more geek chic in this one, instead of cool dork (if you get my meaning- not sure I do :lol: )
Yes I think I got what you mean! In the 2nd game you'll be able to play as multiple PoV, including Tom's :mrgreen: