Bionic Heart 2 - the real deal!

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - the real deal!

Post by Franka »

It's better to have tried and failed than to not have tried at all. Or something.

I hope you keep most of the writing, what I saw was really good.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

With the method I'm trying now, I should save 100% of the texts. I MIGHT even dare to try the parallel approach again (maybe in a separate build later once the base game works). Is hard to explain with words, but in practice I concentrated all the game logic in 30-40 lines, instead of having it scattered all around the plot like before 8) I had like an enlightening this afternoon, is not a normal process for a Ren'Py game, but I think is quite useful in this case!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I am basically done rewriting it. I must say that now it is MUCH better. In case there's a bug, I'll know immediately where to look, and even fixing it should be easier (of course, still providing the scenes list). I should have done that sooner. I just sent the logic to the writer to make sure I didn't make any mess, but I might resume the beta later today or tomorrow!
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

Sounds really good, if the beta is out this weekend I would gladly test again.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I think so, and savegames until scene09 (Tom boss fight with Sarah) should be compatible :)
Aveline
Young scout

Post by Aveline »

can't wait !
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:OK I am basically done rewriting it. I must say that now it is MUCH better. In case there's a bug, I'll know immediately where to look, and even fixing it should be easier (of course, still providing the scenes list). I should have done that sooner. I just sent the logic to the writer to make sure I didn't make any mess, but I might resume the beta later today or tomorrow!
Wow, that was fast! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I hope is also bugfree :mrgreen: good thing of that method is that I didn't had to sacrifice any texts and is much easier to understand for me now.
I think will upload a beta in a few hours even if writer doesn't reply, since I am eager to see if this time the game is OK!
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

jack1974 wrote:Image
and this is Luke. I like his look, with the casual clothes :)
Originally I wasn't going to bother buying BH cuz (after playing demo)
I had no idea what Luke looked like, so left to my imagination I thought (being in nano tech) some weirdo nerd like his friend Tom and the old guy with the freaky green shades
Gf with such a big rack, I was like huh what a typical guy gag
Then I saw this picture....HE IS SEXY! :yahoo:

So now I love BH because of Luke XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe, in the bonus content there's an even sexier image of him just after the shower... :wink: