Bionic Heart 2 - old beta test (locked)

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
Sylrissa
Druid

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - beta test

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:Nevermind, I think I am wasting my time doing this. Will just cancel the game and rewrite it on my own! Will probably be able to make it in a month, and it won't have all those insane plot bugs like now, where you fix one, and 2 new appears out of nowhere. Sorry about this, I don't even want to read bug reports anymore about it, I'm too angry :(
Sorry this didn't turn out like you hoped/wanted it to.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm sorry for people who preordered, but for sure will finish the game. Maybe I should have done it myself from the start... :) But when you waste two months trying to fix stuff and you're still at the same points, something is not right, and the only solution is scratch it and start new. I think I can "recover" lots of stuff though, like the boss battles that are still cool. The plot will be MUCH SIMPLER (in the structure, not the writing/story) for sure! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

P_Tigras wrote: The double genocide caught me by total surprise and it seemed rather weird that Lucas inexplicably went from being horrified at Sarah's bioweapon and wanting to develop a vaccine, to using the bioweapon to wipe out every human being on Mars aside from Helen, Tom & himself. It also seemed odd that Tanya talked Jason into releasing the bioweapon on Earth too despite the fact that I picked all the nice, humane decisions for her and Jason even accused her of being too nice just before their assault on Nanotech. I ended the game feeling rather disconnected from the ending since both Lucas and Tanya seemed very out of character when they each released the weapon.
A thing I plan to change is exactly this, let you choose what to do in the end rather than the game chooses for you. I started looking at the scenes and perhaps I could do it rather quickly without much rewriting. I wonder why I haven't thought about this sooner? :roll:
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

I think if you can choose what to do at the end, it should be in a certain way limited by what you did before, otherwise it could be unbelievable. For example, in Jade Empire, you could choose the whole time to be selfish or caring, but still at the end you could change it with one decision. That was quite disappointing for me, nice guy all the time and at the end bad boy.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes true, well maybe then just in line with what you did before in the game.