Bionic Heart 2 - old beta test thread

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Bionic Heart 2 - old beta test thread

Post by jack1974 »

I finally uploaded version 1.0 of this game! 8)

Download links:
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... Heart2.exe (Windows)
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... Heart2.zip (Mac)
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... t2.tar.bz2 (Linux)

If you think there's a plot bug, press F11 and tell me the path since is very useful information for me, to see which path you took.

What's new in version 0.9.4:
- fixes the bug that would continue the story as if Tanya won the last boss fight when in reality she lost it (which had lots of further repercussions)
- fixes the bug that was making the end "Earth Sweet Earth" IMPOSSIBLE to reach. Aveline's savegame unlocked it, so now I'm sure you can get to it
- several other bugfixes thanks to Elmsdor testing. Basically I think all the endings can be reached now, both with the parallel plot turned on / off

WALKTHROUGH (BIG SPOILERS WARNING!)
Spoiler:
Some simple ways to set some variables that impacts the endings:

Tanya gets caught by Julia early in the game when she is in Luke flat:
1) if playing as Tanya you picked the choice "Tina could prove dangerous"
2) if playing as Tina you picked the choice "Trust Agent Storm"
otherwise, Tanya won't get caught

Tom and Helen lovers
1) as Luke, treat Helen badly
2) as Tom, pick "I should take my chances..." when they're about to go jogging
3) win Helen boss fight with Tom

Jason likes Tanya: there are three degrees of likeness. You can meet him in two points.
meeting him with Tanya in the streets:
-1 = "Tell Jason you won't break his neck"
0 = choose: "Offer to kill someone for Jason"
1 = "Offer Jason some private time with you"
meeting him after Tanya is captured:
-1 = "Say you are Lucas Walker"
1 = "Say you're not Lucas Walker."

Tom suspects of Luke: early in the game when you choose the option if to trust Luke or not.

Luke gets depressed: this can happen in several ways.
1 = Tom and Helen are lovers, Luke still loves Helen (early decision at spaceport) and when he is coming back from Sarah's flat discovers them kissing. Either he wants to stop Sarah or he killed her in her flat
2 = If you win boss fight playing as Tom against Luke and you win

Tina solves the case, two conditions:
1) Tanya is not caught early, you meet Jason on the streets and have -1 relationship with him. He will say that you're a perfect distraction and run away.
2) As Tina, after Rob is killed, you search his stuff and find enough clues (3)

EARTH ONLY ENDINGS
------------------
For those endings, Mars plot must be over. A simple way to do it is with Tom failing boss fight with Sarah early in the game.

THE VACCINE:
Doesn't matter if Tanya gets caught or not. The important is that Jason is caught, so you must not have a bad relationship with him (0 or 1).
When you have to choose the brain to bring with you before the final scene, choose Lucas one

NOT GUILTY:
Like the vaccine, but don't be kind to Jason (-1), so he leaves Tanya and escapes. Tina fails to gather enough clues or is abducted/eliminated early.

THE PROMOTION:
Like previous one, but this time Tina gathers enough evidence and gets the visit of Jason that helps her.

BURIED:
Tina could be dangerous
You're caught, win first boss fight with Julia, need to have bad relationship with Jason (-1)
Bring Jason brain with you

GUILTY:
Like Buried ending, but Tina manages to gather enough clues, first winning boss fight against Rob and then examining his belonging (need to find 3 clues)

DEADLY BLONDE:
Choose Jason brain, and you were nice with him but not too much (score of zero). Nanotech gets destroyed, and Tina fails to gather enough clues.

MYSTERY WOMAN:
Like previous ending but Tina manages to gather enough clues.

Cybernetic World:
Like previous endings, but this time Jason likes you (1), so Tanya convinces him to release the virus in the final scene.

MARS ENDINGS
------------
Many Mars endings happen independently from Earth path until a certain point.

RUTHLESS:
You accept to work with Sarah, create the virus for Earth and kill Tom who suspected of Luke and came after him.

PROTECTOR:
You accept to work with Sarah, create the virus and manage to convince Tom and Helen to stay on Mars, becoming their protector. This needs that Tom doesn't suspect of Luke.

MARSICIDE:
Luke spreads the virus on Mars alone: for this, Luke needs to be depressed. It happens in scene where Luke goes back to the flat after killing Sarah. Either finds Tom and Helen kissing and he still loves Helen, OR even if doesn't love Helen, Tom doesn't suspect of him. In both cases Tom and Helen must be lovers.

NO TRUST:
Luke spreads the virus on Mars, had to kill Tom (he suspects of Luke), Helen listens to Luke because tomhelenlovers = False

KILL THEM ALL:
Luke copied the virus data, killed Sarah, spreads the virus on Mars, had to kill Tom (he suspects of Luke), Helen doesn't listen to Luke because tomhelenlovers=True and dies

FINALLY TOGETHER:
Luke is depressed and commit suicide, tomhelenlovers = True and Tom doesn't suspect of Luke, Tom and Helen escape Mars.

PUBLIC EXECUTION:
Like previous one, but Tom and Helen aren't lovers and they trust Luke (Tom doesn't suspect of Luke).

EARTH SWEET EARTH:
Tom, Luke, Helen destroyed the virus, Jason was caught so can't expose them. To reach this ending, you must not kill Sarah after spending the night with her, and you must advance Earth plot until Jason is caught and his brain extracted (you can then fail the last Tanya/Julia boss fight). Tom and Helen must not be lovers.

COMBINED ENDINGS
----------------

TOO LATE:
Luke is allied with Sarah and they prepare to spread the virus on Earth, but the virus has been spread already. You need to have Jason use the behemoth and be friend (+1) with Tanya on Earth path.

MY NAME'S LUKE:
Luke is allied with Sarah and they prepare to spread the virus on Earth, but Jason is not caught (needs to have -1 relationship with Tanya) and exposes Luke true identity to Sarah.

MOVING OUT:
Possible follow up on Mars ending 8: Tom, Luke, Helen destroyed the virus, Jason was caught so can't expose them and he didn't release the virus (jason relationship of 0 with Tanya). Tanya is alive. This ending changes slightly depending if Tom and Helen are lovers or not.

A NEW LIFE:
Possible follow up on Mars ending 8: Tom, Luke, Helen destroyed the virus, Jason was caught so can't expose them and he released the virus (jason relationship of 1 with Tanya). Tanya is alive. This ending changes slightly depending if Tom and Helen are lovers or not.

SHE HAS A SOUL:
Possible follow up on Mars ending 6: Tom and Helen are lovers, Tom don't trust luke and they both escape Mars, Jason was caught so can't expose them and he didn't release the virus (jason relationship of 0 with Tanya). Tanya is alive.

SWAN DIVE:
Possible follow up on Mars ending 4: Luke and Helen go back to Earth, Luke had to kill Tom and spread virus on Mars. Tanya gave control of behemoth to Jason who was neutral (relationship 0) to her.

TO THE MOON:
Possible follow up on Mars ending 4: Luke and Helen go back to infected Earth, Luke had to kill Tom and spread virus on Mars. Tanya gave control of behemoth to Jason who was friendly (relationship 1) to her.

ALONE:
Possible follow up on Mars ending 3 and 5: Luke returns to Earth alone, Tom/Helen are dead and meets Tanya. Tanya gave control of behemoth to Jason who was neutral (relationship 0) to her.

THE OFFER:
Possible follow up on Mars ending 3 and 5: Luke returns to Earth alone, Tom/Helen are dead and meets Tanya. Tanya gave control of behemoth to Jason who was friendly (relationship 1) to her.

LOST IN SPACE:
Jason is in control of the behemoth device and destroyed Nanotech. This in theory can be reached even only with Earth plot but wanted it to be a special bonus for completing both paths ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - new beta test

Post by jack1974 »

Elmsdor did a lot of testing yesterday. He managed to unlock all the combined endings, which makes me VERY happy :)
The only problem he found was that one specific set of conditions didn't trigger any ending, so I'm checking that. If anyone finds a problem/plot bug let me know, but seems that this time will be the right one! 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok uploaded version 0.9.0 which I THINK should allow you to unlock all the endings. It has all the original content, and the parallels plot idea! :) Hopefully there are no bugs and you'll be able to unlock all the endings!
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

I got the scene with Tina in Luke's apartment (Trust Agent Storm) twice with parallel plot: Scene 0, 2-8, 8 ( I have always chosen the first option for a decision ).
Another point is the first Boss Fight (Tanya vs. Robert), you only have to choose the first option.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah sorry, really stupid mistakes, will fix them quickly :oops:
Actually the 1st boss fight has always been like that :) will randomize a bit the order though otherwise is too easy, you're right.
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

In one game I've got 4 endings: No trust, Swan Dive, The Offer and Lost in Space.
Scenes 0, 2-10 (8 twice), 10a, 11, 13, 14, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30, 31, 34, 32, 37, 38, 39
I have always chosen the 1. option, except regarding Jason, Tanya told him she is not Lucas Walker and took his brain.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha ok, 4 endings is too much :lol: you can have 3 (mars + combined and "lost in space" is more an epilogue) but 4 should never occur, going to check thanks. The version 0.9.1 has removed the scene08 repeat btw and is compatible :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Uploaded 0.9.2 that fixed:
- ending text wouldn't appear if you previously watched in the gallery (variable not reset)
- the four ending found by Calimachus shouldn't appear anymore
- fixed some walkthrough since changed slightly some variables
Calimachus
Young scout

Post by Calimachus »

Checked 9.2, found a plot bug, Tina listened to Rob and was abducted, but still had her scene with looking for clues and later with thinking what she is missing
Scene 0, 2-12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23-25, 27, 28, 30, 31, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39
Helen and Tom are lovers, Luke moved in with Sarah, Jason friendship 0
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah I see, and it skipped the boss fight. Going to fix it, thanks :)