A Planet Stronghold Review

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: A Planet Stronghold Review

Post by jack1974 »

Heh, we will both remember Loren project for a LONG time 8)
reader
Young scout

Post by reader »

jack1974 wrote:Depending on your "tastes", there are several romances:
as male (Joshua) you can date Rebecca, Rumi and Cliff (homo)
as female (Lisa) you can date Damien, Tom and Michelle (homo)
each ending has a specific image, I think some are really nice (Damien Lisa and Joshua Rumi are my favorites). Thanks :)
Thanks for the reply. What I was wondering is just how much of the game time is spent in relationship building? The demo as I mentioned seemed very fight driven. Is it pretty much the odd moments where you get to answer a question that drive the relationship? Like when you visit the bar with the male roomate and you make a decision about drinking or not.

Battle wise it was hard to see the benefits of the skill level improvements and I presume there will be the opportunity to improve weapons/armor, etc as the game advances? Still only tried up to easy mode, and there was a good deal of difference in hp levels between super easy and easy mode.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

After chapter 4, you can advance in the main story or pursue one of the love interests. You can't of course play a romance straight from start to finish, you need to pause/wait and then visit a specific place in the colony where the person can be found (example Rebecca in training center, Tom in the hangar, etc). Each romance has 5-6 dialog with choices, and then there's a quest, you need to do something for each of them (even the non dateable one have a "friendship" path). Won't say what to not spoil the surprise :)
As for the game being a RPG is of course battle-driven, though in several points of the game you can choose to use your skills to avoid a battle completely/take another path. I honestly think the Super Easy mode shouldn't be used unless you really want to skip all the battles and just "read" the story, since is hard to lose a battle in that difficulty mode!!! :lol:
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Post by deathknight1728 »

Ive been starting to finish my playthrough as a scout and ive got to say a few things about all the classes. Of the 4 that you can choose the soldier seems to be the least likely to make it alone. His skill lies in the benefits of his allies which is really it. Soldiers secondary skills dont reinforce him as much as say the scout's survival skill, the guardians ability to take damage and dish it out, or the psionicist ability to do many things. Maybe im playing it all wrong, but i restarted my game at chapter 4 when i just couldnt play as a soldier due to it being too standard. Hopefully, soldiers can possibly get a boost in the future. As it stands, i dont know what they excel in at the present.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes in the sequel I'm going to check / balance them better. In theory Soldiers should be the ones to get more HP than all other classes, so they should be able to take more damage. Probably I need to tweak that. If you reach high levels with Michelle for example she will have very high HP and will be useful as "meat shield" :lol:
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Post by deathknight1728 »

I was thinking that if you got really high in certain levels of those secondary skills, there would be hidden benefits such as, science-"bonus pierce armor of 1 to robotic enemies per every 50 points of science" or something like that. Just a thought as you usually only use those skills when you need to get through encounters and not in battle. I always loved the survival skill which made scouts a lot of fun to play as because you can use it in battle to drift away, and also as a secondary skill to get through encounters.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I've been also thinking about that. I think will revise completely the secondary skills so that all skills have ALSO an impact on the battle (since is a heavily battle oriented RPG) beside offering extra options during quests/various situations. And also I want to have more events in which the charisma skill is useful :)