Michelle's Quest Ending. (May aquire spoilers)

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
Terhial
Young scout

Michelle's Quest Ending. (May aquire spoilers)

Post by Terhial »

I have played through Planet Stronghold once on version 1.2b and pursued Michelle's romance path, finding the bug. In this case, I was able to see the whole set of events, but the quest didn't flag as completed at the end, denying me the chance to see her romance ending.

Having learned savegames won't carry over to the upcoming expansion, I was hoping I could see the ending, either written out, or in video. Siding with the Prince, if it makes a difference. The few Planet Stronghold videos I've found were all from the WinterWolves youtube channel, so no ending videos floating on youtube that I could find.

I reallly do not want to replay a whole rpg for the one romance ending when there's other things to do in my next playthrough.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Michelle's Quest Ending. (May aquire spoilers)

Post by jack1974 »

I'm thinking to upload a video with all the endings, unlisted, and post the link in this forum. I agree with you that replaying the whole game only to see an ending doesn't make much sense :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaTziECw7IQ
It contains ALL the ending scenes, so maybe you can wait to see it until you have finished the others?
Terhial
Young scout

Post by Terhial »

:lol: You're just trying to speed up my second playthrough. I'm certainly going to finish up 1 or 2 more before I delve into that video.
mefet1
Young scout

Post by mefet1 »

I have another question about this, if you don't mind. I also got the quest as unfinished in version 1.4, but I recieved the gun and was able to see the image with Michelle afterwards. But I don't know if it was on one of my first and unfinished playthroughs. Does the ending messages changes in anything with the romance? any way of knowing if I saw the messages of the romance ending?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You get a different ending text based on the character you romanced. I mean you get a sort of news about each character, but for the one you romanced you get a different line. For Michelle you should have got this text:
Spoiler:
"Michelle LaFleur resigned from the military and opened a pub in one of the new Marada towns."
"When Lisa stopped by every so often, Michelle was sure to make her her favorite drink. They always managed to make their burdens disappear for those nights."
ixltixl
Young scout

Post by ixltixl »

Hello,

Sorry about necroing the thread, but this issue fits here perfectly.

I am unable to complete Michelles romane path and I have no idea why.

I focused entirely on the romance in this game, i.e. I'm still at the Dredans in terms of the main story. I have 100 relationship and I successfully completed the weaponsmith quest.

However, when the romance seems to begin (Michelle whispering something in my characters ear), Lisa automatically responds, that she loves another, despite my relationship with any other character only being around 50.
Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another user contacted me recently with the same issue. In practice if you previously reached the last romance scene with another character, even if you don't have the required relationship level so it fails, it consider as the character being in love with someone else.
If you want to try multiple romances the best thing is to save at the beginning and then try the dialogues one character at time (in theory is enough to NOT reach the last scene and fail, but you need to keep count if you want to do that).
ixltixl
Young scout

Post by ixltixl »

Going with my previous character isn't an option, as he was a male who romanced Rumi.
So, because I played the game half a year ago with a male character, the game now considers any new character to be in love with Rumi, even though a female Nelson cannot romance Rumi anyway? I also had the game uninstalled for several months, before reinstalling jsut a few days ago.

How am I supposed to work around that? I was thinking, about deleting some or all of the save-files, but I'm unable to find the location of the save games. Uninstall also hasn't an option to delete any save-data, so that I could make a "clean" reinstall.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No only on the same playthrough obviously. If you previously romanced someone with another character it doesn't count.
This "fix" was done because people complained they could get multiple romances, breaking the plot. But now seems a bit confusing, so when I update the game again (probably in a few months) I'll see how I can fix this once for all.
But it happens FOR SURE only if in the CURRENT PLAYTHROUGH (not previous or with a different character) you already reached the last dialogue scene, in which the romance CG unlocks. If you haven't enough points and it doesn't unlock, it still consider it as your love. In the next update I'll probably simply change that (doesn't count any romance unless you unlocked the romance CG).