Surprised by this gem

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Surprised by this gem

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, and thanks for testing this :) now I know that I can offer this option as long as the same game is on Desura as well.
APNunes
Young scout

Post by APNunes »

jack1974 wrote:
targetbsp wrote: God knows what criteria they judge games by because there's a lot on there that are outright terrible. I've also seen articles on them misjudging and missing decent games too.
Hehe people call it "Steam lottery" for a reason I guess :lol: :lol:
Today Planet Stronghold the 9th most popular game on Desura, so maybe people are starting to take note of it. If only the journalists would take note too... :o
Have you tried to contact the folks in GOG? They were dedicated in old games only, but recently they are releasing indie games too, like Machinarium and Trine. Maybe you'll have more luck with them.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I didn't try them, though I have the impression they're more interested in "western-type" games. But yes, I know they're starting to sell indie games since a friend of mine was contacted (he made a western 3d RPG though).
targetbsp
Young scout

Post by targetbsp »

There's something about this game that's really addictive!

Anyway, really I just stopped by to point out that all hope may not be lost for Steam yet. The game I earlier referred to as having read an article about being rejected on Steam (Offspring Fling) just got added to Steam. I'm not sure what the dev changed to persuade them but it would seem their minds can be changed!

Another possibility is if you get some future game on there then they might be receptive to earlier games from you? Puppygames have had their latest and greatest game 'revenge of the titans' on steam for a while and seem to now be in the process of putting their back catalogue on there.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I know Caspian of puppygames pretty well :) And yes, he said that once you got in, basically you can get most of your games (though it's not guaranteed, I know for example my other friend Cliff of Positech wasn't able to get his older Democracy2 game). Anyway, I have submitted Loren on Steam, so let's see if I get a reply on that one first, and then maybe will be able to get PS too. I'm not really stressing much over it though, the games are doing fine, but I find a bit funny that many other games are in it and not mine :lol:
targetbsp
Young scout

Post by targetbsp »

I love Gratuitous Space Battles! Got it in a humble bundle and ended up buying all the DLC on Steam.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes is pretty fun, I like also the new one :) played the beta and is quite cool!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Found a fun "Let's Play" video today:
http://blip.tv/supergreatfriend/demo-fr ... pc-6141254

I think I've heard already several times the comment "The game is not bad, looked worse from the screenshots" :wink:
targetbsp
Young scout

Post by targetbsp »

Ooh! The Droid port just came up in my weekly search for new games on appbrain. :D
http://www.appbrain.com/app/planet-stro ... stronghold
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes, but has some limitations (less inventory slots for example) and all the tooltip (for obvious reasons) don't work anymore. I decided to try porting it since was relatively simple/quick, but I need to design future RPGs with mobile/tablet devices in mind. Which means, no tooltips 8)