Who is the best Love Interest?

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm

Who is Planet Stronghold best Love Interest?

You may select 1 option

View results

pysali
Young scout

Re: Who is the best Love Interest?

Post by pysali »

Milo's cute and looks so happy go lucky. I can see a lot of banter between him and other members of the team.

As for other romantic options than Prince Cliff - Lisa I would have said swap Cliff and Michelle and let the original romances stand to make it two new, two returning for both sides, but seeing how many guys have been hoping for Michelle as a Joshua option that just seems cruel.

As it stands it now goes:

Lisa gets = Milo, Lakadema, Tom
Josh gets = Shiler, Lakadema, Rebecca, Michelle

Though I guess you could do Michelle for both sides. She had relationships with both men and women in the past for her canon and if she's going to be interested in Josh she could go to bisexual. Michelle is so sweet and awesome I could definitely see her being more into the person than the gender that person is.

But then that leaves a dangling CG unless the artist could swap Cliff for Michelle? Or would it have to be a guy? Lisa could have a one night stand with Damien. That's what I always assumed with Damien that was a heat of the moment/we're in massive danger for our lives kind of thing. Otherwise the only other guy left that isn't the amazing and brilliant Philip would be Jacob.

In my straight up fantasy I'd love to see Cliff and Michelle switched just so we could see two returning, but I wouldn't cry for another night of passion with Damien. Cliff just feels really wrong especially since there are no returning gay romances and then he goes to the other side (even if it might not be him?) that's just ow. I could always see Michelle's sexuality being more fluid due to her personality, but Cliff was a strong, conflicted gay man whose conflict concerned his place in the empire, not his sexuality and that was always really awesome. I know he's hot and some women go for the 'prince' type, but that doesn't mean he *has* to be an option for Lisa.

He can just be a damn good looking gay man who isn't available for Joshua in the sequel as a romance due to the plot circumstances between the two games. Like the adorable Rumi can't be romanced again because of changes to the character.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes basically I've thought all you've said, but the good news is that the PS artist and I are friend now, and it's not likely to disappear momentarily, so while now she is drawing the new enemies, once they're finished I could ask her to do a few more couple scenes, especially since she likes to draw those. So in theory I think could swap the Cliff with Damien in Lisa romance scene, and do a new one for Lisa-Michelle and Cliff-Joshua so I would have 5 romances each:
Lisa gets = Milo, Lakadema, Tom, Damien, Michelle
Joshua gets = Shiler, Lakadema, Rebecca, Milo, Cliff

Lakadema gender is "neutral", but it (lol) looks more feminine, so I'd say it should balance everything in the end: Lisa gets 3 hot boys (Tom, Damien, Milo) + Michelle + Lakadema while Joshua gets 2 hot girls (Rebecca, Shiler) + Lakadema + 2 hot boys (Milo,Cliff). Even if Joshua would become the alien lover this way! :lol: (not that Shiler or Lakadema looks ugly or anything)
pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali »

That sounds really wonderful. I never say no to extra romance, but more importantly there's more balance for all sexual preferences plus a nice mix of returning and new romances. I really like that. And I read what you said about no Lucille (shakes tiny fist of mock rage) so she'll just continue being my lovable adorable background character.

Plus yay two bisexual characters too!

Lisa = Lakadema, Milo, Tom, Damien, Michelle (three returning, two new, one female, three male, one other) Nice
Josh = Lakadema, Milo, Rebecca, Shiler, Cliff (two returning, three new, two female, two male, one other) Nice

I like the concept of Lakadema and their (eir?) background. I'm not really down with shy characters personally, but I love alien races so new race = interesting world and race building. And that's always win for me. I'm one of those old school people who when given the choice always play/romance the aliens/fantasy species or robots over the humans. Not because the humans aren't compelling, but because I always want to know everything about the new races/robots.
abnaxus
Woods ranger

Post by abnaxus »

No Rumi makes me a bit sad.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Am I reading right: TEN romances? Oh snaps. As a player, I'm yippity-do-dah! As the writer ... :shock:
pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali »

On the one hand I'm very sorry you have that much extra writing to do, but on the other hand I'm doing the snoopy dance over here if it pans out.

@abnaxus I miss Rumi too, she was my favorite Joshua romance, but hopefully she's bad ass and awesome in the sequel. Have you seen her new sprite? It's adorable.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well Aleema promised to write PS like the first title, that is more dialogues and less descriptive texts, so even with 10 romances probably should balance it a bit? hopefully :shock:
Anyway remember all the above is just an idea for now. I might even do a poll to see what people want, since ultimately I make the games for my players and want to make them happy. So if more people want Rumi, I could even do that, I was trying to balance a bit for the straight/gay romances, but with Lakadema who is effectively the first transgender romance I think might have already enough for the sequel? :mrgreen:
pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali »

I know Jack, I'm holding out hope for the new changes but I understand budget, artist and time concerns. I mostly care about the Cliff thing because it bugs me. I always like that you have gay/straight options you include; there's always plenty for everyone's taste.

*holds up Team Josh/Cliff and Team Lisa/Michelle posters* :mrgreen:

I'm also interested in Lakadema, you don't see a lot of characters like them so they're really interesting. I don't know what pronoun to use for Laka. :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I was using "it" but feels wrong. I mean she is so sweet/cute... I want to use SHE! even if ... :mrgreen:
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

I'm not sure either. How thrown off would people be if I used non-standard gender-neutral pronouns? There are several options:
Him+Her = Hir or Zer or Zir or H' or Hus or ... really there's tons of these. I know I would feel uncomfortable with referring to Laka as "it" though. Should Laka be a transgender woman (I mean, alien), and prefers female pronouns?