Bug: Rebecca's quest

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
Gipple
Young scout

Bug: Rebecca's quest

Post by Gipple »

Hello everyone!
Well, I'm ashamed to say that I've completed the game only now ... a lot of time after i bought it (I started playing Loren in the same period, then my computer broke and later on I had a lot of things to do ... but I'm digressing :lol: ) and I found a bug, at least I think it is ...
I've played as Lisa ( :lol: funny story ... I've started as a Female because I like A LOT her appearance (I think I'm in love with Lisa Nelson :) ) and to pursue a Yuri ending with Rebecca as well ... discovering only later that she isn't a romance option for Lisa by browsing the achievements tab :( ) and right after choosing a side (Cliff side for me) I started going after the companions side-quests.
So, I tried flirting with Rebecca in the pub (even if I already knew that she isn't a love interest for Lisa I thought "Maybe there is some kind of Easter Egg or something..." :lol: I really wanted that Yuri option :) ) and then she refused me saying she likes only males (well, I'm a male in real life, but that doesn't count :lol: ) but then nothing ...
I mean, it sounded strange that she didn't give any "quest" like the others did, so i googled a while and found out in somewhere that she has one (about a sister, if I remember correctly) but she never talked to me about that. After the pub, the only thing i can do with Rebecca is the training. Don't know if it's a real bug or only a strange trigger in my game, but it's better to point it out :)
Oh, almost forgot ... i had also a "minor" bug while browsing inventory in the Barracks. Sometimes, if I deselect a category of equipment, change party member and then select again the above category, items in it doesn't reappear in the equipment list in the left side (tried also to deselect all the others after reselecting the category, but nothing changes). It appears more often with the "weapons" tab, but with the other as well, but exiting the Inventory screen and the re-entering in it resolve everything...

I have something else related to the relationship ... not a bug, but an annoying/disappointing thing (at least for me :) ) but since you are already developing Planet Stronghold 2 I doubt you will change something like this in the first game ...
In the first half of the game (right after the above "Rebecca" discovery :) ) I've pursued Michelle, so I did her quest and become her lover quite early ... only to find out that, after the quest she does nothing ... only a little chat (I know my character said "we have more important things to do" but some random event, like a "stolen kiss" for example could make the relationship more real in my opinion) ... so since i found the relationship with her boring from that point of the story, I switched to Tom (he had a good relationship with Lisa, and also, made a move so I thought "Why not?") unlocking also his relationship achievement... and (this is the part that annoy me the most :x ) Michelle simply forgot "our" relationship ...
An "infidelty" scene would be great, but I know it's a lot to do so I'm not requesting it ... still ... leaving your old partner for a new love and she acts like nothing ever happened doesn't sound good to me :cry: ... maybe adding a line or two the next time you see your ex (like for example "we were a great team, but ..." or something like that :lol: ) or in the endings (personally I interpreted Michelle's decision to leave the army connected to her "lost love" :roll: ) could add a lot of realism, at least in my opinion :lol:

Well, great game anyway! And thank you for reading my message to the end :lol:
Bye!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bug: Rebecca's quest

Post by jack1974 »

About Rebecca, it should work, maybe you need to visit her again - there's a "timer" so that you need to wait a few minutes before going on with each romance (I did this to prevent the player from getting all the romances early in the game).
About the other romances, once you unlock one you can't have another. Lisa/Joshua Nelson believe in monogamy! :lol: though for sure Aleema will add more jealousy scenes or better realism, as you pointed out.
So don't worry, the sequel that is being worked on now will have same quality writing as Loren 8)
nightshadengale
Young scout

Post by nightshadengale »

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I just finished the game and the same thing happened to me--after the bar conversation Rebecca only ever had the "Ask about training" option. Like the OP I was playing Lisa, sided with Cliff, and I hit on Rebecca at the bar (not because I wanted to romance her, but because the only other option was to imply she looked like a skank...) I had at least 80 relationship with her, so it seems like it should have been high enough. In between the bar conversation and the "no more personal quests" mission I completed 2 of the alien race quests and received+finished 2 or 3 other personal quests, but I never got the option to talk to Rebecca again during that time.

(This was the only really annoying bug I ran into. Beyond some visual glitches with text/images not disappearing, the only other bug I noticed was that sometimes the Dredan Soldiers' "Holy Sword" attack says it missed, but I lose the HP anyway.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wait with Lisa you can't finish the romance with Rebecca since she is straight, is that what are you asking ?
nightshadengale
Young scout

jack1974 wrote:Wait with Lisa you can't finish the romance with Rebecca since she is straight, is that what are you asking ?
No, I'm not trying to romance her, I just wanted to do her personal quest. Can you only get that as Joshua?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes sorry :oops: because the CG images shows Joshua. You don't get any special item reward in that one though.
nightshadengale
Young scout

jack1974 wrote:Ah yes sorry :oops: because the CG images shows Joshua. You don't get any special item reward in that one though.
I'm confused...aren't the CG images just for the romances? You can't save her sister without romancing her? Or does her quest have an extra image?
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

you dont save her sister, since she is already dead
and you cant do her quest because its part of her romance, so its exclusive to Joshua
nightshadengale
Young scout

ValHallen wrote:you dont save her sister, since she is already dead
and you cant do her quest because its part of her romance, so its exclusive to Joshua
Okay. The strategy guide says that after doing the quest you unlock the romance if playing as Joshua, so I figured the "if Joshua" applied to the romance part and not the whole thing.

I assume this means Tom's quest is exclusive to Lisa? So Tom and Rebecca are only willing to ask for help from sexy people? XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No Tom's quest should work. It's only the Rebecca one because I had already commissioned the image with Joshua and her, so if you finish it playing as Lisa and see that one, would look a bit weird :lol:
(who is that guy? Joshua? hehe)