Weapon requirements?

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Weapon requirements?

Post by Troyen »

I know it's an old game, but something has been bugging me as I play through again.

When I look at the requirements to equip a weapon, I can see text like:

Weapon Requirement: Psionics 95 (Psionics 55)

Where does that 55 come from? I thought it might be the skill of the character whose inventory I'm looking at, but that's not the case. Rumi's Psionics is 89. It's not the PC either, his is 25.

Sometimes it'll even list a totally different attribute like:

Heavy Weapons 60 (Energy Weapons 55) (Josh's Energy Weapons skill is actually 63.)

(On the small chance you ever do make an update, the red/green text is also a little confusing. It's green when my current item has better stats and red for values that are an upgrade - a bit opposite from your other games!)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Weapon requirements?

Post by jack1974 »

The 55 is the requirement of the currently equipped item, like the other values are :)
Yes probably the green/red is confusing, when I update the game will swap it!
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Ah, if it's not too much trouble, can it be instead the corresponding skill level for the character? In my example above, the first one would say "Psionics 95 (Psionics 89)". That would be a huge quality-of-life change because then I don't have to constantly find a way to the skills tab to figure out what I need to do to equip the weapon.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes seems to make more sense than showing the current equipped skill (since is already equipped you have enough skill for sure!).