VN Mode

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
MarSel
Druid

VN Mode

Post by MarSel »

Any chance of a VN mode for your older games i.e This and Loren? Done many playthroughs of both and fancy just going through them for the story. Too tired from work lately to play full RPG's. I know it's checky and love playing them but if the choice was there...
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: VN Mode

Post by jack1974 »

In Loren there is already after you beat the game once :)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Cool That makes things easier and PS?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

For PS because of how it was coded, it's impossible (I won't even try it, would create 1312098012 bugs).
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Ah I see. Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know.
Winkie22
Young scout

Post by Winkie22 »

I can't play PS since you upped the difficulty the subplot for the romances are too hard even on easy mode. I have played the tom shatz plot to get the car a lot of times and I die every time. It's a bit annoying playing the same battle 20 plus times from the same save point. I am a gamer but not a hardcore one that saves every turn. Is there any way to dial back the difficulty for those who just want the story I mean even easy mode is hard, for me at least. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but I really want to get all the romance achievements on steam, but if it's impossible I'll understand I'll just keep playing the same battle over and over again.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

As far as I can remember, I didn't touch the difficulty of the game since the release ?
Winkie22
Young scout

Post by Winkie22 »

the intro said you did when you made the deluxe version if I am remembering it correctly. It warns us not to choose hard mode if you aren't ready for it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK was long time ago so probably I forgot :lol:
I'll check, at least tweaking the difficulty shouldn't be a problem :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

HOP :lol:
Lol, I completely forgot (well it's a game of 2011...!) that I already had a cheat mode I used during testing, that was automatically skipping all battles (instant-win). I haven't tested it, but I can always upload it as beta on Steam and see if people find any issues, no? :mrgreen:
Most problems could be due to this game using a VERY OLD Ren'Py version: some layout were messed up, but I fixed those already. I might have missed some though. Anyway, doesn't hurt to make it available for testing, so I'm uploading it on Steam right now :)