The Flower Shop 2?

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: The Flower Shop 2?

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm I don't think there's one, but during the game you talk to Steve and he says that she HAD a girlfriend... so the Steve-Jill ending is not the right one. I think it was the alone ending (I haven't played/read the whole FS2 game yet though).
Kisekiko
Young scout

Post by Kisekiko »

Hey! I've downloaded FS2 and am playing through it for the first time. Since you mentioned we should let you know about any typos and stuff we find, I'm gonna keep you updated as I find them.

- When Jacob comes in to check on Natalie after her nap on the day she arrives, she thinks to herself "Dinner? Have I really been sleeping that long? There are no windows in this room, so it's hard to tell." Not true! There's a window right there in the background!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thanks for the report, another user pointed that out. It's because the writing was done separately from the art, so forgot to check about every details. Thanks again :)
Kisekiko
Young scout

Post by Kisekiko »

Oh, ok. How about on the 2nd morning, when Natalie manages to get up?

Natalie: "I'm surprised I'm actually awake at this hour."
Susana: "There's an apron hanging next to the door. You might want to wear that while you're working."
Natalie: "Right, thanks."
I grab the apron off the hook by the door and tie it on. It's kinda cute.

Natalie's sprite is already wearing an apron before Susana points it out! She also wore one while working the day before, so it wouldn't make sense for Susana to think that she didn't know about it!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hah, good catch :) no, I don't think anyone else spotted this before, thanks again!
Kisekiko
Young scout

Post by Kisekiko »

Oh, and something I noticed just now that's kinda funny- you contradict yourself about the window later on. In one of the paths, Natalie says:

"The events of last night seem pretty surreal. Last night we were all panicking, and now I'm lying in bed enjoying the sunshine."

First you say there's no window, then you say there is! It's a moot point cause you're already dealing with the discrepancies between the artwork and the script in that regard, but I still thought it was kinda funny.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha indeed, but the wrong text is the first one. There's a window indeed, poor Natalie :)
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm making a version 1.1 which contains those fixes and others (there was a infinite loop bug in Jacob plot if you choose to read the mystery book!)
ffxplayer
Young scout

Post by ffxplayer »

Tried to alt tab to the desktop(to check the forum, ironically...)and it crashed. I think it might be my computer though, since I've alt tabbed several times without that happening.

And what I was GOING to ask is, did you guys decide to not do sound on the planting section this time, or is that forth coming?

Awesome to see this game out, by the way! :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think the crash is the computer, since I do alt-tab basically every minute when developing :)
About the music, even in the first game there was no music but only birds tweeting. I am not sure, might do a music, my fear is that might become repetitive quickly. Alternatively I can keep the actual scene song running until finishes (it picks one randomly between 3).
ffxplayer
Young scout

Post by ffxplayer »

The music would be nice. I was referring to the sound effects such as pulling weeds and watering.