The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook 1.1b

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook 1.1b

Post by jack1974 »

Same download links as before. Check the webpage here: http://www.winterwolves.com/winterinfairbrook.htm

I've just uploaded version 1.1b which should be the final one (unless people find some more typos/bugs).
Added:
- extra scene with Trent in which you argue with him
- extra scene with Ryan more cute/fluffy
- the snowstorm scene is now independent and triggers at a specific date (about halfway through the game time). So even if you aren't pursuing Ryan you'll see it
- if you get the Steve or Trent endings, now the chibi snowball scene changes accordingly
- added a windy ambient background sound for the flower sim

would be cool if people who finished it already could replay it (even using skipping) to make sure it works (I tested it here, but you know is always better to be sure!). Thanks everyone!
ffxplayer
Young scout

Re: The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook 1.1b

Post by ffxplayer »

A question, at one point you mentioned something about being able to spend money on something in your blog. Was this tossed by the wayside, or is it forthcoming? (Or am I dense and missing it...)
koneko
Young scout

Post by koneko »

Found another bug.
When I see trents snowball scene after trent opened the door and did something different a weird grey thing appeared on my screen going " An exception has occured" and then it said something about a keyerror: Panic.

And later in it it said " Image 'i_chibi11' not found"
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ffxplayer wrote:A question, at one point you mentioned something about being able to spend money on something in your blog. Was this tossed by the wayside, or is it forthcoming? (Or am I dense and missing it...)
No, unfortunately that wasn't implemented :( it was an idea we had but ... with everything that happened to the game, is a miracle that was out!! :o

And yes I know about the chibi, my fault I forgot to include an image. However before uploading 1.1c I'm going to wait since the writer will add a few more Ryan scenes. The 1.1c should be the final version though.
ffxplayer
Young scout

Post by ffxplayer »

Seriously, this game was cursed or something...development-wise at least!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

LOL yes, definitely. I'm glad we're close to the finish, at some point I wondered if it would have been finished one day or not :o
koneko
Young scout

Post by koneko »

Am I the only one feeling that ryan get's some extra love with all those new scenes, oh well it doesn't matter because he is my favourit so I will take everything I can get with open arms, just thought he had to be someones favourit too with all that extra attention heh.
Foreversh
Young scout

Post by Foreversh »

Ryan's my favourite, too ^^

I just want to point out a few misspellings/typing errors, which may have already been fixed for the next version. I underlined them so it's easier to find. Sorry for being annoying, but the spelling detracts from the mood of the game for me!
However, during the special ending with Ryan, it states:
Spoiler:
With a few extra twists, he laces his sakes up and ties them
Spoiler:
He faces me and holds both is hands out
Spoiler:
One foot at a time. Lean your weight towards the foot on the ice so that you maintaing your balance
Snowball scene:
Spoiler:
The lopsided nature will make it nearly impossible to guild the flight path
Spoiler:
He stand quickly
Spoiler:
I shall handle ammunition
Last scene:
Spoiler:
I drum my fingers the handrest set in the car door (I don't understand this sentence?)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the report, will point the writer to this post so she can fix them (I have trouble finding out what I should write for some sentences! grr being not native English speaker sucks!). And you're not annoying at all, you've been very useful and I agree that typos/mistakes are bad for this kind of games, so thanks again!
koneko
Young scout

Post by koneko »

Well I am sure many of us wouldn't mind helping out a little for free with the writing part if you ever need help?
I know I wouldn't, I am not fluent in english either but a good a few good pointers.