would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

Games based mostly on classic VN gameplay without skills, statistics, etc to raise

would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

Post by jack1974 »

DarkWolf wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:38 pm On top of that if you mixed romances (GxG, GxB etc.) it would probably push away many people, as this is different from your usual offer routes for different interests where readers who aren't interested in some route can simply not read that route.
Yes this is my main worry, even if the same can be said for whole games who have only GxB/GxG/etc. But if one day I decide to make a game in which romance is not much relevant... wait who am I kidding??? :mrgreen:
Rincewind
Young scout

Re: would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

Post by Rincewind »

jack1974 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:51 pm
DarkWolf wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:38 pm On top of that if you mixed romances (GxG, GxB etc.) it would probably push away many people, as this is different from your usual offer routes for different interests where readers who aren't interested in some route can simply not read that route.
Yes this is my main worry, even if the same can be said for whole games who have only GxB/GxG/etc. But if one day I decide to make a game in which romance is not much relevant... wait who am I kidding??? :mrgreen:
Well, there's also people who avoid games that offer mixed routes, like GxB/G.
So, you can not please everyone.

And by the way, I voted for no, because of unless they're an anthology of yuri stories, I will probably will not be playing it.
Life is too shot to spend it reading about not yuri! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe I can agree with that :wink:
Yes of course I already gave up the thought of pleasing everyone. It's an impossible task! Already pleasing "most of your fans" it's an achievement :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Voted yes, but of course a lot depends on how it's done. Are they all the same protagonist, just on wildly diverging story paths, or completely different ones? If it's the latter, are there points where the smaller stories might intersect (even just lightly) to show they're all connected, or are they all completely independent?

Also of course depends on the genre, theme, plot(s), artwork, etc., but as a concept, I'd at least consider it.