would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

Games based mostly on classic VN gameplay without skills, statistics, etc to raise

would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I made also a poll on twitter: https://twitter.com/pcmacgames/status/8 ... 4431543300
What do you think of a game that consists of several shorter stories (short doesn't mean they last 1 minute!!! but instead of my usual 10h - 250k words games, same amount could be split in 4-5 stories).
I ask because I had some ideas for stories but that could probably work better as shorter games, but instead of making several games for $5 I would prefer a single game consisting of several stories.
Would that work/you like the idea, or ... ?
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

Post by BobTheMob »

Do ya mean something in which several different stories intertwine?

Something like, say, in the movie Pulp Fiction (only example I can think of; if ya haven't seen that my apologies...)?

If that's what's meant, by all means, I'd go for such! Could be a lot of fun! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

Post by jack1974 »

Not necessarily interwine, also because would complicate things further (I would like to have some choices/branching).
More like all stories around a theme/setting. Love, cats, sex, war, anything :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

In that case, my vote still remains yes.

Could be an interesting thing to see. :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

I would vote maybe, it all just depends on what the content is and the genre, also if it has yuri in it XD.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, I would try to put all the romance combos (yuri, yaoi, etc). And of course like all future games, optional hot stuff :mrgreen:
felyarpg
Young scout

Post by felyarpg »

Have you in mind something like some otome games do? I've played recently Amnesia: memories, where the main theme is the same (the protagonist have lost her memory) but choosing one of the guys to romance, is choosing a different world/reality, with a very different story, even if with the same premise. Plus new information about the others characters can be revealed.

I liked how that way there was no repetiviness in starting a new story.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that could be a way, but even the stories of several characters, that maybe they even meet/know each other, but every "chapter" is a separate storyline about this/that character only.
The "choosing a different world/reality" is going to be done already in a yuri version of a certain cursed game... :mrgreen:
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

I assume you mean something like "The Bridge at San Luis Rey" (a novel by Thornton Wilder), which I didn't care for at all.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

More like "anthology stories". For example (movies):
Cloud Atlas
Sin City
Pulp Fiction
Magnolia