Why you didn't buy Vera Blanc

A forum dedicated to my comic-styled games series called "Vera Blanc"

Why you didn't buy Vera Blanc (or what you didn't like)?

You may select up to 4 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Why you didn't buy Vera Blanc

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, thinking about it now, those minigames weren't really the best move. The mind-reading one maybe was fun, but still I should have made them optional from the beginning! :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:
Franka wrote:But yeah, if Vera Blanc had f/f romance, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat, so there's that. :lol:
OK, new game in progress! Vera Blanc: The Mysterious Lesbian Ghost Of Yuri Mountain! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
-Throws her money at the screen!- :lol:

I had looked at VB a few times, but I just couldn't pull the trigger in buying it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No problem! This thread was very useful, I always thought the main reason was the writing (since I wrote it myself with an editor) instead it seems was the character/settings the biggest issue (art aside). Food for thoughts :)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Jack,
As you know I bought both the games, and liked them a lot. My only complaint was the find the differences mini-games. I think I posted somewhere here that the only way I could solve them was to take screen captures, print them out and them overlay them under a bright light.
Vera might have sold better if she was marketed as a web comic, but then I'm not in the business of making and selling games.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I thought about that, but as far as I know, there's not much money into web comic (unless you keep doing it for several years).
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Just curious did you like the art style of Luis Rojo? XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it's good, though I don't like that kind of coloring (in that specific image). I guess tastes are tastes :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Haha! Touche! Fair point.
pizzaboxes
Young scout

Post by pizzaboxes »

Hi!
I did buy the game (both of them)! I enjoyed them very much, actually, and was hoping to see more. I liked the mind-reading games, but it would be nice to have some more variation of puzzles (simple, two-minute puzzles).
The biggest nuisance with the game was the look-for-difference-between-two-pictures (especially since one of them in the second game had a bug). Also, it was annoying that you were forced down one path which results in romance with one character (you can't even choose not to romance him). Plus, it wasn't fun to have most choices lead to your death: you always had to pick only the right one.
Otherwise, I would love to see another attempt at this series. I didn't have a problem with the art, and I liked the premise.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I bought both games when they were on sale, but it was the RPGs that originally brought me here.

Most of the mini-games were forced or had design problems, which might turn people off. Spot-the-differences would be more interesting if the differences were more than random black marks; the fact that the black marks were placed on black spaces also made it difficult for all the wrong reasons. You would have to be willing to invest more in art assets if want to make a good spot-the-difference game. Personally, I did like the mind-reading sequences since I used play Hangman a lot.
Last edited by Jaeger on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.