Demo Bug?

A story-driven poker / dating sim game
Xavim2000
Young scout

Demo Bug?

Post by Xavim2000 »

Hello

Small bug it would seem. When you can name a person with Jade if you use a lower case c it won't let it enter and brings up her affication for you which shows 20. A upper case C works however not lowercase.

Downloaded it both from the link in the beta forum and the main website (http://www.cardsweethearts.com) and took note of the same thing.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Demo Bug?

Post by jack1974 »

Oops, you're right. It was a "cheat mode" to know the affection points during testing, but forgot to remove it! Will do an update this week with this fixed.
Xavim2000
Young scout

Post by Xavim2000 »

I have a question on it. When I played with the bum which I am guessing was the close thing to a basic tutorial of the game. The first time around it was a easy win. They folded the first turn and second bet very high with me winning with three queens.

However the second time I loaded it up I lost so bad it was not even funny. So what I am asking is how is the game set up in terms of playing with you. Never do see any settings even if it seemed in the first game I lost all the poker games but the first one.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Disclaimer: I didn't code the poker part (was done by an external programmer). However from what I know:
- each opponent has poker skill value/rating, but as you know if you play poker in real life, it's somehow hard to reproduce on a computer game because is based mostly on intuition (understanding when someone is bluffing) and so on
- the behaviour you got is very possible. the bum is actually a very tough opponent: however when you play so few hands (and one vs one) is possible to get an easy win (ie. he had very poor cards so he just folded). later in the game, when you get to play matches against 3-4 or more opponents, it should be clearer which are the tougher/best players (of course, luck still plays an important factor).