This. Is. Ridiculous.

Otome dating sim: http://www.winterwolves.com/loveandorder.htm
Christine
Young scout

Re: This. Is. Ridiculous.

Post by Christine »

Okay, thanks, that helps me figure out where the crash lies: I've fixed it, so that should be changed when Jack uploads the next version.

The number of days doesn't have any impact on the ending at all, although 90+ sounds really excessive. There's a few things that can trigger the game to end:

- Calling the police will cause the game to end the next day.
- Running out of possible dates (varies, but usually means you've seen 8-10) will cause the game to end within approximately two weeks.
- Getting dumped will trigger it immediately.
- Running out of projects to be assigned by someone will trigger it immediately, but it's not very likely you won't trigger one of the first three well before that happens.
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

Christine wrote:Okay, thanks, that helps me figure out where the crash lies: I've fixed it, so that should be changed when Jack uploads the next version.

The number of days doesn't have any impact on the ending at all, although 90+ sounds really excessive. There's a few things that can trigger the game to end:

- Calling the police will cause the game to end the next day.
- Running out of possible dates (varies, but usually means you've seen 8-10) will cause the game to end within approximately two weeks.
- Getting dumped will trigger it immediately.
- Running out of projects to be assigned by someone will trigger it immediately, but it's not very likely you won't trigger one of the first three well before that happens.
How is that last one possible? I can't even count how many times I've been tasked with cleaning the same places for Ross. Okay, so I probably count them, but I'm genuinely surprised you could run out of assignments, although pleased, as doing the same assignments over and over gets boring. (well, more boring, I should say, really.)
ladymakaze
Young scout

Post by ladymakaze »

Are these triggers supposed to lead to an ending? Or are they just bugs?
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

ladymakaze wrote:Are these triggers supposed to lead to an ending? Or are they just bugs?
They trigger endings, as far as I understand. Another way to trigger an ending is to get fired, unless that what she means by getting dumped. I wasn't aware you could get dumped. I once forgot to show up to a date with Ross, and he just never spoke to me again, so I didn't know you really could get dumped.
Christine
Young scout

Post by Christine »

Yeah, these are ways to trigger endings. That's how the game ends. (And yes, you can also get fired, I forgot to mention that. It's pretty hard to get dumped, since... well... it doesn't seem like a very fun mechanic.)
Orusaka wrote:How is that last one possible? I can't even count how many times I've been tasked with cleaning the same places for Ross. Okay, so I probably count them, but I'm genuinely surprised you could run out of assignments, although pleased, as doing the same assignments over and over gets boring. (well, more boring, I should say, really.)
Each person has a finite number of projects (IIRC usually around 30), although if you get unlucky with the random shuffle, you might see a fair bit of repetition in Jonathan/Ross's; for instance, it's possible to get all five cleaning projects in a row, although not very likely!

It's not an ending you're supposed to get, and it'd be pretty tedious to try, since it'd mean going through several whole playthroughs worth of work without solving the mystery or spending much time dating. It's just necessary, otherwise the game could go on forever, without any work to do!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sorry I was away eating pizza :o I've now uploaded the latest changes Christine sent me!
ladymakaze
Young scout

Post by ladymakaze »

Thanks bunches, I mean it. I'm gonna play to my hearts content and test for any other bugs.

You guys are made of awesomesauce.

That said though, does the download link work? As of now I've been waiting for it to load for a while.

Edit- NM, I just tried the fourth mirror and it's downloading
ladymakaze
Young scout

Post by ladymakaze »

Another bug

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable

While running game code:
- script at line 657 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/script.rpy
- python at line 748 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/script.rpy.
- python at line 407 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/rooms.rpy.
- python at line 146 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/rooms.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 279, in bootstrap
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\main.py", line 320, in main
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\ast.py", line 588, in execute
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
File "C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/script.rpy", line 748, in <module>
File "C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/rooms.rpy", line 407, in do_actions
File "C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/rooms.rpy", line 146, in do_actions
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\exports.py", line 543, in display_menu
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\ui.py", line 236, in interact
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\core.py", line 1627, in interact
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\core.py", line 1929, in interact_core
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\core.py", line 244, in visit_all
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\core.py", line 244, in visit_all
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\core.py", line 246, in visit_all
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\core.py", line 1929, in <lambda>
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\screen.py", line 152, in per_interact
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\screen.py", line 252, in update
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\core.py", line 241, in visit_all
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\text.py", line 842, in visit
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\text.py", line 778, in update
File "C:\Program Files\Love and Order\renpy\display\text.py", line 358, in input_tokenizer
TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable

While running game code:
- script at line 657 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/script.rpy
- python at line 748 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/script.rpy.
- python at line 407 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/rooms.rpy.
- python at line 146 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Love & Order/game/rooms.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.12.0e
Christine
Young scout

Post by Christine »

Thanks.

What had you just done before triggering this?
ladymakaze
Young scout

Post by ladymakaze »

I had just accepted an assignment from Jonathan and was about to move to a new area