Remember Me

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
Orusaka
Young scout

Re: Remember Me

Post by Orusaka »

Spoiler:
Actually, I went for the writing course. I felt that more consistently gave me +2 Creative than the Mall. I did not know about the restaurant, though.
Yeah, I don't necessarily think you should change everything. There are many considerations. I'm going to get into some more things in my next "longer" post, about scheduling and such, and that will touch on some other things. More importantly, though, I think your audience is what you need to keep in mind more. Or in other words, I'm not your average buyer. I've played quite a few dating sims, you know. Also, I'm not a woman. I think, probably, for the casual gamer, the game should probably more easy. I think a lot of the things are going to frustrate casual gamers. I think your idea of an easy mode was a good one. I think there is a good portion of your players who would probably like to just play it, and basically win no matter what they do. So as long as an easy mode is designed with "everyone-can-win" in mind, I think that would good.

Anyway, as I said, I'll be back with thought on Scheduling, and as long as we're speaking Otome games, I'll throw in some nifty things that might make it appeal even more to girl gamers. This Tokimeki Girl's Side I played just last month really had some neat ideas for Otome games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's true... you're not my average customer at all :lol: (take it in a good way haha). The easy mode is probably the wisest move I can do for this game without having to revolution everything. Looking forward about your other otome ideas. I'm not a girl either but I like to write the storyboard for romance stories 8)
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

Yeah, hopefully I can get around to that later today, but it will take some time to write.
Anyway, as far as an easy mode, I would suggest you don't call it the easy mode.
It's the wrong angle for the casual crowd. You don't want to tell them they're not good enough to win the game.
I think maybe instead make the way you have it now the hard mode, or introduce it as an extra challenge.
I think that puts a much better spin on the difficulty issue than an easy mode, even though in practice it's exactly the same.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes exactly! Going to add that now to the game :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You know what? you're right, there aren't many creativity boost activities in the "basic" ones, so I've added creativity to the Practice Writing one (because it also makes sense). So now you have Writing = culture and creativity and Poem = romance and creativity.
I've also added the easy/normal mode with 30% bonus to good results and I'd say now is perfect :) going to upload this new version and see the feedback from the more casual players.
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

Before typing up my next large post, I decided to go back and replay Hugh. Haha, this time virtually everything I do fails, which is too funny. Doesn't look like I'll be winning him this time either.
Spoiler:
Anyway, regarding your tip of getting the fancy dress and eating at the luxurious restaurant... Are you sure that's a good idea to raise creativity? I've eaten there 5 times now, failed once, got no creative twice, and 1 and 2 the other times. Seems like a waste of $50 bucks to me as far as raising Creative goes.
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

Spoiler:
Actually, I rethought my approach, and I guess I could probably add about 10 Creative altogether from the restaurant, so I guess it does make sense.
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

Not that I like to double or triple post, but I have a bug to report. Unfortunately, it's vague. It seems that very randomly your stat increases don't get added to your total. I've noticed it on all three of my play-throughs, but until now I just though I imagined it. Just to make sure, I started taking notes, and now I know I'm not insane. Unfortunately, no pattern that I can find. Completely random.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I guess good luck with finding that bug. Maybe if you have a debug version, so you can see what happens in the code. Have you never noticed the bug? If we assume that all cases I've noticed have been real and not imagined, it must have happened 6-7 times over 3 games. I just had two Creative stolen from me. I'm going to be so almost-angry if I lose because of those two.
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

Okay, I would use the edit button, but separate topics, and well let's face it, not many posters anyway.
Spoiler:
I actually found this hidden Hugh event that I reckoned kept me from winning him the first time around. Little problem though. There is a logic problem. I saw him at the mall on a Saturday, then the very next move I went to the park and he was there. I think you might have meant for this event to be a Sunday event. Either way, he's supposed to be working, and was working like seconds before, so how could he be at the park? Anyhow, turns on this event triggers yet another event, where he asks to take me out. Now this is happening the 6th of September, a Saturday, and it's already evening by the time I see him at the mall. We agree to meet in the evening, and I think, well this is going to mess up somehow. And I was right, immediately afterwards, it's now noon, the same day. In other words time turned back, and there's a green arrow over the restaurant. Anyway, turns out what you said was right on. Hugh is very easy with those two events I was missing.
edit:
Okay, edit button this time.
Spoiler:
I started an Eddy play through, and so far it's going horribly, for one simple reason. Doing a gym exercise and talking to Eddy both take two turns, and so you cannot do both in the same day, since the gym is closed at night, and the hospital, too. In other words, if you want to pursue Eddy, you cannot use the gym, when the gym is only meaningful if you're going after Eddy. This strikes me as rather odd.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Orusaka wrote:Not that I like to double or triple post, but I have a bug to report. Unfortunately, it's vague. It seems that very randomly your stat increases don't get added to your total. I've noticed it on all three of my play-throughs, but until now I just though I imagined it. Just to make sure, I started taking notes, and now I know I'm not insane. Unfortunately, no pattern that I can find. Completely random.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I guess good luck with finding that bug. Maybe if you have a debug version, so you can see what happens in the code. Have you never noticed the bug? If we assume that all cases I've noticed have been real and not imagined, it must have happened 6-7 times over 3 games. I just had two Creative stolen from me. I'm going to be so almost-angry if I lose because of those two.
What!!! :shock: damn I never noticed it... I need to investigate then :(
About your other posts: yes that Hugh event was supposed to happen during Saturday! forgot to change it, going to do it now (was about to upload version 1.1 with much easier playing mode).
About Eddy,
Spoiler:
is true what you say, when I tested it I was doing the action "update my blog" to raise discipline, then when I got access to his house I could talk to him during evening.
Anyway you're right that is too much, I shortened all the Eddy talk action so you have time to do discipline properly now!

Going to upload version 1.1 as soon as I spot the missing stat bug... :oops: