Elenor Epilogue Question (Spoilers)

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Lady Tarrika
Young scout

Re: Elenor Epilogue Question (Spoilers)

Post by Lady Tarrika »

It really depends on the situation and definition of tragic... my first time through i did elenor with Loren, but at the end i had to select who would die. This in itself sparked some ideas for some stories i had in my mind about the characters.

The epilogue for them wasnt exactly the best ( if you chose to survive that is) but given the sequel in the works im not phased in the slightest since it will continue onward. I do agree that if
Spoiler:
Loren did change how amazons do things the selection process for queen would likely change too, Since Loren's bloodline would be "ending" as she was completely faithful and attached to Elenor.
Cant wait to see where things will go in the sequel :P
The Moonlight Glade supports Winter Wolves, a big thank you to the creative artists, songmakers, and story creators of Loren the Amazon Princess and Heileen Series.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I too preferred Saren-Loren over Elenor-Loren because of the happier ending, although I thought Loren's death in Elenor-Loren highly poignant, and respected it for the heartfelt emotion it made me feel. For a very similar reason, I also much preferred Elenor-Chambara over Saren-Chambara. Elenor gets Chamby in the end, while poor pathetic Saren gets abandoned over and over and over again. The Saren-Chambara ending didn't move me so much as annoy me however.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I agree, and while bittersweet endings are very much valid style of writing, and I fully understand why some would like examples like the Lorenxelenor one. This is just coming from the personal opinion of one woman who has a heavy dislike for the bittersweet as I happen to like my happily ever after, however unrealistic it might be to some people for everything to turn out okay in the end, but heck that is what fantasy and escapism is all about for me.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

I don't know if it is a "bitter sweet" ending :-) It is still tradition in Aravorn that an Amazon dies by a sword - may it be her enemie's or her own. Since Loren is still hanging on her people's laws - despite being quite the reformer - she has to die in battle somehow since she can't step down to her own daughter like Karen. So I think this ending is valid and fitting for the story told.

I remember how the people complained about the ending of Mass Effect 3 where everything blows up, Shepard dies in most cases and so on - well the whole story was about Reapers attacking to erase all life. And a life or death struggle is just no life or death struggle when you just have to fight for the b rating and have no sacrifices to pay. Just the style as it was told was totally off with lot's of heavy story telling bugs :-)

So "bitter sweet" endings are valid and it get's boring when every ending is pretty and happy :-) That's why I liked the LorenXElenor ending better than the LorenxSaren ending.
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

DunKalar wrote:I don't know if it is a "bitter sweet" ending :-) It is still tradition in Aravorn that an Amazon dies by a sword - may it be her enemie's or her own. Since Loren is still hanging on her people's laws - despite being quite the reformer - she has to die in battle somehow since she can't step down to her own daughter like Karen. So I think this ending is valid and fitting for the story told.

I remember how the people complained about the ending of Mass Effect 3 where everything blows up, Shepard dies in most cases and so on - well the whole story was about Reapers attacking to erase all life. And a life or death struggle is just no life or death struggle when you just have to fight for the b rating and have no sacrifices to pay. Just the style as it was told was totally off with lot's of heavy story telling bugs :-)

So "bitter sweet" endings are valid and it get's boring when every ending is pretty and happy :-) That's why I liked the LorenXElenor ending better than the LorenxSaren ending.
Yes 'Bittersweet" endings are very much Valid and everyone is entitled to their own personal likes and dislikes, but as I've said previously just above your post, I personally dislike them, sacrifices can stay in RL, I have no interest in them in the fiction that I read, as I don't believe it should have to suffer the same harsh realities of RL.

I don't find them boring at all, I'll take my happily ever afters however unrealistic they may be and be extremely happy with the lovers riding off happily into the sunset.

FYI. I was one of those people that hated the ME3 ending, bioware can take their 'vision' and shove it.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

:-)

sorry didn't mean to offend you :-)

and of course, everyone can like and dislike waht he/she/it wants. We live in a free world :-)

I disliked ME3 ending, too :-)
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Glad we can at least agree on that :)

Also no offence taken
ill_intent
Young scout

Post by ill_intent »

(to comment on the original point of the thread)
Spoiler:
To be fair, it doesn't say when Loren died. She could've been 70 when she was finally weak enough to lose. If you wish the ending to be a bit brighter, think of how much time they might have had together before the unfortunate death.
(to comment on the evolved point of bittersweet endings)
While I've got no problem with the "I'm Jesus and shall sacrifice myself to save all" or the "and the hero dies" endings, I believe they have been massively over-done in current storytelling. Especially in role playing games, it almost feels as if the darker endings are more common than the happy ones.

That being said, while I have no problem with them, I do believe darker endings are easier/lazier to do and rarely done with a truly unique feel. "Happily ever after" means that some consideration has be taken into what is going to happen in that world after the game/story ends. "And the Hero died" tends to always end with "we shall never forget what you did". I don't mind the Loren one because it has that tragic edge to it and wasn't a direct result of fighting Fost or saving the land....BUT every time I see a story pop the "Jesus" ending *cough cough mass effect* it just makes me feel like a writer didn't know how to end their story and sorta half-assed something at the last minute. :?