Hi, I'm new and had some questions about Loren

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
un_mog
Young scout

Re: Hi, I'm new and had some questions about Loren

Post by un_mog »

Anima_ wrote:You can get a powerful spear for Karen in her personal quest.
Seasons of the Wolf is using a random item generator. So my answer would be entirely too many, though that's personal preference.
Yea I was comparing her personal item quest to some of the rare weapons you could otherwise buy for her. It has decent stats but I was speaking of terms of damage. I ended up keeping the spear mostly since it gave defensive stats as well which she needed being in the front row, for me anyway. To sorta balance things out I made her more offensive otherwise in terms of gear and the others more defensive. Though I thought the damage and stuff was based on skill which is why I guess her damage was never as good as the others.

Otherwise Ive beat the game for the first time already. I saved before the romance choice so now I can work to get all the rest of them for achievements. My first one though was with loren. And even though I did it and got the steam achievement for it the game never updated for it for some reason. It did though save the progress with Chambara and Myrth. Im unsure why, but also strangely during the credits and such the comp ended up blue screening for some reason, some memory error or something, which is strange considering I have 32gb of ram and a good processor and graphics card. More than strong enough to handle something like Loren. Not counting that though I havent really had any problems.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think might be videocard drivers or some RAM/disk error. I've no other reports of people with bluescreen (well depends what OS you have, on XP was more frequent than on W7 and newer).
un_mog
Young scout

Post by un_mog »

Right, well Im on windows 10. But it was only the one time and i had been playing all day, like 8 hours or so at least. Its fine as the achievements still saved to my steam.

Hmm, since your the developer and I already got your attention, I was going to make another topic but Ill just ask here.

1= Which ending is the "official" ending by the way? Of course that would also bare asking, which character is intended to be the "main" character as well, officially, either Elenor or Saren? The reason I ask is since I mentioned I was interested in the new game and its set in the same universe, and from what I saw you can find the older characters as NPCs since Draco was mentioned. So, it bares asking, is there a "official" ending? Im assuming if there was one, it would maybe be the most popular ending, and after looking at the global achievements the one most people wanted to get was the ending with Saren and Loren. So... is there an Amazon Prince in the second game? Or does the second game look at our save game or something to decide what the story is like and the differences that were made that way? But now that its been asked, which character was "the first" one written and decided on, Saren or Elenor?

2= Why wasn't Draco effected by Jul's seducing magic? I couldn't find an answer anywhere about it, and this is apparently never questioned or explained anytime afterwards. At first I thought it was because his hearts were full and no one elses were. So I went back and loaded, did more of the camp scenes and filled everyones hearts... but again only Draco was immune. So I figure there has to be some sort of plot answer for it.

3= Assuming you did write it all, what was the inspiration for the setting? Some D&D campaigns and such or a story you wrote before or something? Was Loren ever meant to be the player character and it just sort of changed as the idea was developed? I write a lot myself so I always wonder this sort of thing, so excuse me if I jump on the opportunity to ask you that. Still im interested in the behind the scenes sorta decision making and such :D Im also wondering on how much of the world gets expanded on in the second game, considering the whole story of Loren was essentially in one kingdom, or continent, and not much of the rest of the world was detailed.

4= Which was your favorite characters and endings? Personally I was surprised that there wasnt more interaction with the vampires later on, or with Zeal and Jul. Im assuming with how the game ends if you help Zeal though that maybe Zeal and Jul is "official"? Probably as the next big evil guy in the second game. Hmm, I suppose thats also up to debate, is he officially killed or with Jul? And, can he be killed or could he still come back later?
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

un_mog wrote:2= Why wasn't Draco effected by Jul's seducing magic? I couldn't find an answer anywhere about it, and this is apparently never questioned or explained anytime afterwards. At first I thought it was because his hearts were full and no one elses were. So I went back and loaded, did more of the camp scenes and filled everyones hearts... but again only Draco was immune. So I figure there has to be some sort of plot answer for it.
It is because he is gay. He is immune to being seduce by feminine wiles or at least that was the conclusion I came to. I think it was more of a storytelling thing than based on any stats or romance settings.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes pahldus is right. Regarding your other questions:
1) at the beginning of the second game you can choose. There are several options by which you can decide what happened. Instead of using savegames (which might be lost in the years waiting for the second game) I just decided to do that, so there isn't really a "canon" ending, though of course regarding the DLC (I assume nobody sacrificed him/herself to fight Fost). Both Elenor/Saren were written at same time by previous writer, there wasn't anyone "first".
3) sorry I didn't write it, English is not my first language :) The writer (Aleema) sometimes visit the forums so maybe she can answer. I made the "storyboard", but I leave enough freedom to writers. Anyway I play RPGs since I was young, mostly computer ones though. I decided to pick Amazon because I feel was underrepresented in the fantasy RPGs, and no I decided from the first instant to have Loren main character to make it different from all other games in which you control the most powerful hero (not that Elenor or Saren are weak, but not the "main" character). In the second game they travel to the other continent, the one explored in Seasons Of The Wolf (if you browse Loren 2 forums there are lots of info, here I can't write much because of time reasons).
4) Hehe for that I can't spoil the fun, you'll see it in the sequel. I really like the fact that Jul will be a party member... :wink:
un_mog
Young scout

Post by un_mog »

pahldus wrote:It is because he is gay. He is immune to being seduce by feminine wiles or at least that was the conclusion I came to. I think it was more of a storytelling thing than based on any stats or romance settings.
Actually that never occurred to me, since I figured she had the power to make whatever person was capable of feeling love feel it for her. I suppose it would have made more sense if Myrth was also there and also immune. But now that I think about it she had to wait outside of the forest because the demons there bothered her right? So it never dawned on me why~ thanks.

And thanks for answering some of my other questions then Jack. *nods*