Creature Cards to Upgrade

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
Jaeger
Druid

Creature Cards to Upgrade

Post by Jaeger »

Currently, I'm at the point where I'm at level 4 realms. I've been running into some difficulty, which means I my creature cards are in need of upgrading. From what I understand, the valiant souls are limited, not enough to upgrade every card in my collection.

Some possible candidates I considered...

Fishman: The fishman high attack for cost and charge ability. However, its base form will likely be 1-shotted without supported by buffs. The first upgrade will give it marginal survivability.

Forest Warden: The warden is basically a fishman with added durability and random damage on summon. However, the summoning cost is much higher.

Brownie: I use this creature to hang around and add buffs to newly summoned creatures, even better if I happen to get multiple brownies. I would consider upgrading mainly to stay alive longer (it seems like the AI loves targeting them if no taunting creature is in the way).

Giant Turtle: If there are lots of enemies around, it gets a huge armor boost.

Anyways, which cards you like using?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Creature Cards to Upgrade

Post by jack1974 »

I upgraded both Fishman and Forest Warden. I also used a lot the Hellhound because of the damage on summon (but without retaliation). For Taunt I used Mudman a lot :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

What is the max level level of creature cards?

What I liked about the Hellhound's damage on summon is it allows the player to choose the target. However, I worry if 2 points of damage will be enough to justify their use when hp and armor of upgraded creatures goes up.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Max level is 5 which gives an overall bonus of +2/+2/+1 (I think, I don't remember now exactly lol).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Hellhound is not an endgame creature, but you should be getting enough souls to "waste" some early on.

The best early game creatures, according to me, are: Giant Wasp, Giant Ant, Skeleton, Forest Warden, Harpy. Later on Mermaid, Grave Elemental, Griffon, and then we start getting into uniques, but by this time, there should be enough souls to go around.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:08 pm Max level is 5 which gives an overall bonus of +2/+2/+1 (I think, I don't remember now exactly lol).
That is quite an upgrade in stats. Heck even the fewer upgrades in Planet Stronghold: Colonial Defense made a difference.

Franka wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:06 am Hellhound is not an endgame creature, but you should be getting enough souls to "waste" some early on.

The best early game creatures, according to me, are: Giant Wasp, Giant Ant, Skeleton, Forest Warden, Harpy. Later on Mermaid, Grave Elemental, Griffon, and then we start getting into uniques, but by this time, there should be enough souls to go around.
I was thinking about upgrading the Harpy. I have air souls to spend and want to have a flyer to bypass those pesky taunters. I have been happy with with Grave Elemental so, have decided to upgrade it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Remember that there are enough souls to upgrade 8 full cards out of 12 you'll get for each element, so no need to be too cautious :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Nymph never goes off but upgraded her before I realized that, any way to take back upgrades?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No sorry, however as I said there are a lot of souls to upgrade a lot of cards.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

No worries! Ace keeps beating me with taking all my powerful monsters now that I reached stage 5 so I got a little upgrade happy. It is a really fun game.