what I'm working on next

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: what I'm working on next

Post by jack1974 »

Update, today got all the texts back from editor! I still have to script everything and some missing art, but at this point it's very likely that After Midnight will be out in September (at least the beta).

After that one, while I'll keep going with An Elven Marriage, almost surely won't manage to get it out this year. However I might announce a new game KS in October, something that Patreon users already know about. All I can say is that will still be fantasy and about a desert tribe... but that's it :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Time for another update:
- After Midnight is basically done, just waiting for the last 3 ending CGs before starting the beta, for sure happening this month. I already sent out the Steam keys to backers (of course the game won't work until is officially out)
- Reached 120k words for ToA: An Elven Marriage, still long way to go on the RPG part, but the main story is at good point. I must not overdo myself, trying to keep the story at 150k words (also because if I make 3 more games and are all of this size... means I'll write 600k words in total :lol:)
- the next Kickstarte is basically ready. Fantasy story with Nomads setting. Will be yuri only, but with a chance to have also a male protagonist (it's a stretch goal). The art is nice, in particular the CGs which are going to be done in same style as the pin-ups of Amber's Magic Shop. Will launch soon, probably mid-September!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So yesterday released After Midnight on Steam as well, so another project done. There's one week left to the Beastmaster Princess KS, hope we'll reach the male protagonist goal.
Anyway, I don't think I'll be releasing any other games this year considering we're already in October. I'll be working mainly on finishing ToA: An Elven Marriage and I MIGHT have a beta before end of year but I'm not sure, might also decide to take it easier haha
Anyways, even if I release only 2 games this year one was a big one (Mantras) and besides I have done a lot of preliminary work on several other games including an horror game, a sci-fi one with a rather new idea (at least I think) and more stuff. Next year could be interesting :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Update, due to my eye issue I've been reducing time in front of monitor a lot. And... doing RPG requires a lot of time :(
So as expected no more new games this year, but Beastmaster Princess should be out Q1 2023, and shortly after ToA: An Elven Marriage. I've been working on that game only in past weeks while I wait for Beastmaster assets to be completed.
Still making RPG takes an INSANE amount of time, so I might need to take another break early next year. We'll see!
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Sorry you are having eye issues I hope they improve.
Respectfully,
fleetp
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, to improve it I'd need to do a surgery but I'm waiting for now :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Time for another update: I'm working on Save the World now since I got some texts proofread. I'll probably be busy until my surgery that takes place begining of May. After that I'll need to take it easy for a week or two, but meanwhile editor should finish the texts, so I think a beta towards end of May should still happen.

Then in June maybe release and perhaps An Elven Marriage Kickstarter... but it's too early to say. I definitely want to finish that game this year ! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another short update: the surgery seems to have gone well and I was able to resume working sooner than I thought. I think at this point the Save the World beta will happen even before end of May, maybe even mid-May! :)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Jack,
I wish you a speedy and full recovery.
Very respectfully,
Fleetp
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader