Save the World KS

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Save the World KS

Post by jack1974 »

This is the next shorter game I'm working on: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wi ... he-world-1
For more info please check the KS page. As you can see, I am trying a new artist :) The game has an indian protagonist (Ekiya) and two love interests (Sarah and the non-binary alien Xen).
I hope we'll reach the Castillo bonus sex scene stretch goal though :mrgreen:

BobTheMob
Druid

Re: Save the World KS

Post by BobTheMob »

The question I'm gonna ask in in complete sincerity; NOT meant as an attack:

What's so bad about the rich? The way I see it, if they work hard, they deserve to be successful. (Again, this is NOT meant as an attack, just curious as to why the aliens would be against them.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well clearly the aim of this story is to provoke. But I'm going to answer using some lines of dialogues by Xen (the alien) in a scene of the game shortly after they kill Vera, a famous and rich fashion designer (all names are of course made up!):
"They say, as a pre-recorded movie starts playing on screen. The footage shows a rural village in Africa, with families and starving children."
xen "With the amount of money that Vera earned in one day, over 500 families like this could have received food and water for one full month. Does this sound correct to you? Clearly, it does not."
"Xen continues, their tone devoid of emotion."
xen "Until there is such disparity in your world, there can't be true equality and happiness. Thus, drastic measures must be taken."
xen "Only because Vera was also doing a few good things with her power, it cannot undo the damage she was indirectly causing. It's time for everyone to open up their eyes."
xen "She was well aware of how much she was earning and how many lives she could have saved, without barely noticing it. And yet, she did nothing."
xen "Like many of your species, she was doing just a tiny bit of charity, pretending that was enough. Being at peace with herself. But that's not enough."
The question is not "why rich are evil" but, if by giving away 1% of your daily money you could save a lot of people, would you do it? :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anyway after 1st day I'm halfway - of course like all Kickstarters, the first day is a big boost then the following days until the very last one are a slow progress. But since this was a scifi game I was worried.

The game has many cute moments though, like this breakfast scene. The cat, Mirtillo, is based on my real cat Mirtillo that passed away last year