Estimate release dates of next games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Estimate release dates of next games

Post by jack1974 »

Yes will try to keep it updated! :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

And of course, if anything else gets on Steam, that will also cause further delays (though in a good way :) ).
Last edited by Miakoda on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The hardest part was to do the achievements (they still don't work on Mac but code is looking at it) and learning the new interface, but for next games things should be much faster. Also for Loren I wanted to redo the soundtrack while for other minor games I might just use the royalty free music :oops:
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

If I may cite from the blog
OK jokes apart the real plan is:
[...]
4) Release another otome game that for now I’m still keeping “under the hood”, but that I’ll announce in the first months of this year.
[...]
That is beside finishing Nicole Yuri, Roommates, Loren Steam, SOTW and PS2. Oh and possibly other games go Steam as well, needing effort for the adaption and customer support. Will it really be possible to finish another game in less than a year, considering the already quite high workload?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, because the game reuses most code from existing ones, and I'm having awesome people doing it, which mean that I'll only need to supervise the project but very little personal work will be involved in it :)
Also Nicole yuri, once I have all the texts, personally will take me 1-2 weeks at best since everything gameplay-wise is all done.

It's the RPGs that are crazy beasts to make even if I have the help of various people :lol:
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I see your point.

Hopefully the estimates include the time need to project coordination, explaining the vision to artist/writer/etc., handholding whoever needs the hand to be held ;-) because then we would get a lot of great games in 2014. :yahoo:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well many missed the 2013 release but not by much, like Roommates. Others have already a lot of art done like Nicole yuri (art takes long time, usually as much as writing or more).
I just contacted another writer for the side quests of SOTW to speed things up. If things go according to plan I should be able to have a beta of that game in the next 3 months (of the first part/season, not all 4 of course!).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Updated in first post SOTW, since got the main plot done, so all is left are the "camp dialogues" and the sidequests mission. Still probably another 50k of words, but I have a writer now helping with the sidequests. I still have to design all the battles though :oops: but I wanted to have the full story done first, so then is all up to me to finish the game and I think I can do it in a few months.
briamond
Young scout

Post by briamond »

Hi, just wanna say that I have recently been introduced to your visual novels and rpgs by a friend of mine on here; The two of us very much enjoyed playing through the original Heileen together. I also wanna say keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing what you come out with next.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Miakoda Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 am wrote:
jack1974 Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:42 pm wrote:Well the estimates are to be taken like: if EVERYTHING goes well/according to plan :mrgreen:
C14 has been mentioned somewhere in the forums but is still early and don't want to talk about it yet, but is an otome game. I'll talk more about it when is closer to being finished :)
Heh, when I heard C14, all I could think of is Carbon 14 Dating...a paleontologist dating sim?
Lonestar51 Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:09 am wrote:An archeologist would use C14 dating as well...
Hmm, todays Blog entry said:
Meanwhile work on other games goes well. Soon will be able to announce a certain otome game about an archeologist, with some introductory posts by a guest blogger :)
I wonder if there is some kind of connection?