Wikia considerations...

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Wikia considerations...

Post by jack1974 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Well consider that Daronas the max size (600px in height). Bigger than that I think is a bit too much. Also uploaded Lydia and put a bit of lore/backstory :)
This wiki is a good idea because I can also see if I made mistakes, for example I called Torza also a new male character of Loren 2, and is a bit weird that has the same name as a female goddess in Spirited Heart :lol:

Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:39 pm

jack1974 wrote:Well consider that Daronas the max size (600px in height). Bigger than that I think is a bit too much. Also uploaded Lydia and put a bit of lore/backstory :)
This wiki is a good idea because I can also see if I made mistakes, for example I called Torza also a new male character of Loren 2, and is a bit weird that has the same name as a female goddess in Spirited Heart :lol:
That is more than a good size. And loved reading about Lydia and Daronas. It seems like a teaser for upcoming material :)

And glad the wiki is already helping you. Heh, though a character could have been named in honor of the Goddess ;)

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Yes, will talk with Aleema about that possibility, could be interesting to write :)

Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:49 pm

jack1974 wrote:Yes, will talk with Aleema about that possibility, could be interesting to write :)
And if you find something to inspire you, or even extrapolate on, that can be a good thing too. For example, in Spirited Heart, if one is an elf and romances Thym, you find out elven screams can actually cause pain to humans. Whether that makes it into other games or not...

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Yes well I think that was effective in that particular scene of the game, but I don't think I'll use that as general rule, otherwise elves could win all battles against humans simply screaming all at once :lol:

P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Ok, I've created a category hierarchy based on the 27 pages that are already present. It follows:

Aravorn Wiki Content
  • Characters
    • Amazons
    • Loren the Amazon Princess characters
    • Loren 2 characters
  • Games
  • Locations
    • Loren the Amazon Princess locations
    • Loren 2 characters
    • Seasons of the Wolf Locations
  • Lore
  • Races & Cultures
All pages should belong to at least one category, some can belong to more than one. For example Loren the character belongs to Characters, Amazons, Loren the Amazon Princess characters, and Loren 2 characters. The Elvish Lands page on the other hand has been placed in Locations, Loren the Amazon Princess locations and Races & Culture. The reason why it's also categorized as Races & Cultures as well is because the page talks about the Elven culture of those lands, not just their location.

Clearly more categories will need to be created as the Wiki expands. This is just a start based on the pages already present.

There is one page that I haven't categorized, and I believe it should be merged with an existing page. Currently, the "Amazons" page is just a short list of important Amazons. The rest of the info on Amazons is on the "Amazon" page. Namely, I think the Amazon and Amazons pages should be merged together under Amazons, and Amazon made a redirect to Amazons. Does anyone disagree?

EDIT: fixed bullet points; added games to category hierarchy
Last edited by P_Tigras on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Yes I agree, and then the section:
Prominent Amazons
should be added to the amazon page maybe?

P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:47 pm

jack1974 wrote:Yes I agree, and then the section:
Prominent Amazons
should be added to the amazon page maybe?
Yep, that's my feeling as well. Nevertheless, since Miakoda created both pages I'd definitely like to get her opinion too before going forward on the merge.

Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:19 pm

I have no problem with it. Seems like a good approach to organization. I know in the first few stages of a wiki things will be merged/deleted/reorganized. That is the nature of wikis after all, and others can certainly have a better approach on how to organize things.

As for why I called it Elven lands and included culture is that the Elven land actually weren't given a specific country name (nor the Amazon lands, or Dwarven Lands for that matter). The only 'grouping' actually given a proper name was the Empire of Man.

And of course, making sure to have in mind what Jack1974's preferences would be (for example, I'm trying to make sure pictures of characters uploaded aren't over 600 pixels)

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm adding some pages, like Rei's one, but I don't want to write the description myself since would suck :lol: but at least I can contribute uploading the images and setting up the various pages!