Discussion about future games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Re: Discussion about future games

Post by SimonStardust »

@DarkWolf:
As I already said twice: It's all about personal taste and perception. And by no means something which should or can be discussed. To me, brown is brown (may be, because I find brown hair very boring, no matter the shade or hue; I even dye my own hair because of that.) And light blue... still is blue. I would have put dark blue under the "blue" category as well if there was a player character with dark blue hair.
I just had fun making a list, to be honest. ^^;

And about that alien thing: Well... huge scifi-nerd here. xD
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just wanted to add to this thread: in many (not all, but many) future games, I'll try to allow both censored/uncensored versions featuring nudity. There are several reasons:
- first of all, it's what A LOT of people want. And as you know I always try to please people if I can :)
- they're quite popular in particular on Steam. Since I run a business, it's like if I voluntarily cut some features that I KNOW would help me to achieve more profit. Which business would do it? My cats wouldn't forgive me for this mistake!
- my wife asked me to do it :mrgreen: (joking, but she really told me!)

REMEMBER: you will still be able to play in "normal/tame/censored/family-friendly/etc" version. So it's not like I plan to do adult only games! And I don't think will do hentai, but I'll limit myself to tasteful nudity (like Loren in practice). Also of course on mobile you won't be able to play the sexy version because of the appstores "inquisitor policies" :lol:

It's a bit funny all those games now pretending to be pioneers of sexy stuff on Steam, when actually Loren back in January 2014 was the first/one of the first game of that genre (albeit with workaround patch, but that was the only way possible back then) :wink:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Wellllllll....can you do an APK add for the droid users? XD ;) might encourage me to buy the game twice ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No it's really too much work for just one person, sorry. I already go insane whenever I have to update ALL the Android games because of some new OS comes out... :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So regarding future games, today made an important blog post: blog/2017/03/future-games-plans/
it's long but there's a summary at the beginning of it :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Hey you should make a full 3D MMORPG!

Most mmos have you grind mindless repetitive tasks to gain favor with some faction for new gear and stuff. A WW MMO might have you grind mindless repetitive tasks to earn favor with a faction so you can romance their members!
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:So regarding future games, today made an important blog post: blog/2017/03/future-games-plans/
it's long but there's a summary at the beginning of it :)
"Right now, I have planned the following RPGs: Loren 2 (which is even split in two parts!), Planet Stronghold 2, Roger Steel, Undead Lily & Cursed Lands. Even if by miracle I did one a year, it would take me 5 years to release them all (and that’s in a super-very-optimist case lol)."

SIMPLY FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES; ***NOT*** MEANT AS AN ATTACK:
I thought ya said about a Dingirra-based game being in the works; such hasn't been scrapped, has it?

(And ya know how it goes by now. :P )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha you posted the same question in the blog but will reply only here. The Dingirra game is not scrapped but in the blog and forums will only talk on the publicly announced games :)
See this is another reason why I'm doing those changes. Instead of making a post "announcing game XYZ" and then 4 years passes, now you know that when I'll announce a new game in the blog, it's just a few months away from beta/release. Much better for everyone!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

"I’ll still make RPGs, but maybe one every 2 or 3 years. Not one every year!"

Does this include games that are already pretty far in the making like UL and PS 2?

Just asking, not trying to rush you.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes unless I somehow manage to simplify them vs the current plans. Even the original PS1 which was very "simple" (compared to recent RPGs), took me about 6-8 months to make. I believe I'll have both stories written this year anyway, so at least that will be a big progress done.

In summary much depends on the RPG part. If people would be OK with a gameplay similar (not identical) to the first title, it should be relatively "easy" to do. The original game had only 8 Psionics skills and they were shared, so not even individual skills. Compared to even QoT (the most simple RPG I made recently) that is much easier!
Because even if QoT has only 3 party members, it has a lot of skills (12 x 3 = 36 individual skills for the party) and many enemies with several skills too. In PS1 there are skills as well, but for example each enemy has ONE special attack. That's it :) As you can imagine it's much easier to do this way!!

So if I do the next RPGs this way, then definitely could be done faster. I think it's what I'm going to do, at least for some. Both UL and PS2 could be done in a simplified way like that (I still think they should be fun and challenging to play).