what I'm working on next

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: what I'm working on next

Post by jack1974 »

Haha wow haven't updated this in a while :lol:
Anyways, PS2 is about 90% done, missing only last chapter + a few romance routes final scenes. It will still need to be proofread though so that might take an extra month or so :oops:
I'm waiting for an update about VBH from writer, I should get the final script before end of year so then I have "only" to code and test it. The secret yuri game is going well and might announce it next month or maybe in January 2020 (before announcing it I want it to be almost finished this time!).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Time for another minor update:
PS2 is all finished but of course the editor needs to check the texts (she had already done about half of it, but there's still a big amount left). Hopefully next month is done!
I am now working on VBH while the writer finishes the last missing scenes. I think even in this case January or February could be a good date for beta.

Aand as usual, I'll have two games ready almost at same time. It's a requirement: whenever I work on 2+ games, they will all be delayed for the most crazy reasons but when they're ready, they're ready at same time! lol
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Update: Planet Stronghold 2 is going to be officially out this week, I am waiting for the trailer but if isn't ready this week I'll release it anyway. Since it's just my own site and the important is that the trailer is out for when the game is on Steam.
Plus I'm sure that a few more minor bugs will pop-up after I officially release it (it always happened with ALL my other RPGs, so... :mrgreen:)
Also good news for Volleyball Heaven since I should get the final part this week too, so very likely next month I'll also begin the beta of that game (finally!).
Personally I'm working on Curse Of Mantras, but since it's such a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE game (seriously 10 love interests!? why I said yes!) I'm also moving to see if I can finish another smaller game before end of the year.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Update: obviously Planet Stronghold 2 was out already, and I'm currently finishing Volleyball Heaven (scripter should send me the very last part next week). I expect to start the beta either at end of this month or early May.
I'm also planning a few other minor things for May/June, different kind of games from the one I usually do, but don't worry: I'll always keep making VNs, just that I need from time to time a break from them to do something different :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another update:
- Volleyball Heaven beta is going well, writer wanted to review the script one final time to fix some minor things. I expect it to be officially out at end of month
- I'm working on a match 3 / puzzle quest style game which will likely announce early next month
- I made also a lot of progress on Curse Of Mantras, but there are some things to add that needs to be coded. Not sure if original coder will manage to do that. If she doesn't I'll need to do it myself or rethink some card/mechanics. In any case the harder part is the insanely long plot/characters roster, the main reason why the game won't be out this year
- the game Summer In Trigue should also finally get to see the light sometimes this year (not sure yet when though)
- I'm writing a new fantasy game, but as usual, I won't talk about it in public

so this first part of the year has been very productive in the end despite my burn-out period after PS2 release :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So as posted on twitter I decided to not go on with the match3/RPG game. This doesn't mean that I won't do that game though (basically the original Roger Steel revisited to be a "normal" game and not anymore an insane big game) just that it won't be match3/RPG. I have yet to decide and will do some more tests, later this year since I'm still clearly too burned out from PS2.

The good news is that I made good progress on some more fantasy games that I cannot talk about yet (since aren't at good point), and got some interesting new artists. Hopefully will be able to post some previews soon during the Summer.

Volleyball Heaven is basically done and I'm just waiting for the official trailer, but will release it next month since right now there's the incoming Steam Summer sale and so on, so it's not a good moment.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Made a blog post with an overall update today: https://www.winterwolves.net/blog/2020/ ... more-news/
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So, right now I've started scripting the first part of Hazel game. I'm waiting for a few missing art to resume working also on Summer In Trigue.
Which means, 2 new yuri-only games coming out next!
In future, I see myself doing two things:
- bigger games with varied cast (like Curse Of Mantras or the 4 Loren spin off games) every 2 years or so
- smaller games almost exclusively yuri (I might try making some smaller supporting 2 romances but most of them will be yuri only).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm at very good point right now with Hazel so I've decided to open pre-orders for it (I did already in the past for games which were much less advanced than this one): https://winter-wolves.itch.io/hazel
Of course those who backed my KS or are pledging $15 tier on Patreon don't need to pre-order anything :)

Summer In Trigue will be next after Hazel, then I guess we'll see since both Curse of Mantras and ToA: An Elven Marriage are rather long games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

With the approaching of Hazel beta, I'm going to try doing a potential work plan for this year:
- February/March: Hazel release
- March/April: KS about a new game (not announced)
- Summer: Summer In Trigue release
- September: CoM gameplay beta and Kickstarter (for the story basically)
- Late Year: new game release
I honestly don't think CoM will be out this year, especially because the story is insanely huge, but maybe a beta towards the end could happen. We'll see!