my first Kickstarter

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: my first Kickstarter

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, indeed I made a post a few days ago on Patreon explaining that :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:11 pm Yes, indeed I made a post a few days ago on Patreon explaining that :)
Sorry, I was on vacation. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha good! :)
ElsaWhitworth
Young scout

Post by ElsaWhitworth »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:48 pm If I had the money I would surely want to name the island of the game "Bumbaguzzlefick" :mrgreen:
(not really the name would need to fit fantasy theme lol)
Urgh, I so want to justify putting the $300 towards getting a part of Aravorn named after my multiverse tossed wanderer character (name appropriately adjusted to the fantasy style of course) just so she could have been there in some preposterous totally not true legend from the distant past in the nearby area (in my head at least) :) Well, assuming they aren't all grabbed, I've 22 days to try and come up with enough that it won't hurt my budget to go that high. Wish me luck..
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thanks, I don't think they'll be grabbed before the end so you should be safe :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Added a temporary WIP trailer video to the first post :)
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

It looks interesting, but I'm wondering a bit about the 'nameless god' role. It seems like as a framing device it might make things feel unfortunately voyeuristic depending on how noticeable it is (and in this case, possibly worse if the entity is gendered male).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The entity has no gender (in the trailer I used a male voice because, well I needed to pick one :lol:).
The God makes some comments from time to time, mostly in a fun way, but otherwise the narrator is very neutral.
Just a random example:
"Sasha giggles and Hazel can feel her body ripple underneath her."
sasha "You are so cute."
"Sasha caresses Hazel's face and hair slowly. It's tender and warm-- a direct contrast to this cold, hard place."
"When Hazel closes her eyes, she can almost forget where she is. She pretends that she's somewhere else, taking a nap under a shady tree in a nice, grassy field with Sasha. Far, far away from here."
"She dozes off shortly after and when she finally wakes up, they're in a different position than before."
Muramasa_Junko
Young scout

Post by Muramasa_Junko »

You got me at "yuri"! Just pledged! :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha awesome :D