Roommates 1.0.5 beta (with optional nudity)

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Roommates 1.0.5 beta (with optional nudity)

Post by jack1974 »

Exizel wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:23 pm I can confirm that the Max x rakesh work.
Thanks for confirming it :)
Palmettogamer14 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:21 am So, we have to download it from here right before it becomes available for us to download it from your store?
From now on I'll use itch.io exclusively for the next games, so the downloads will always come from there :) I'm no longer hosting the downloads myself (if that's what you're asking).
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:46 am
Exizel wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:23 pm I can confirm that the Max x rakesh work.
Thanks for confirming it :)
Palmettogamer14 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:21 am So, we have to download it from here right before it becomes available for us to download it from your store?
From now on I'll use itch.io exclusively for the next games, so the downloads will always come from there :) I'm no longer hosting the downloads myself (if that's what you're asking).
Sort of. I have the one you hosted on your website installed on my computer, but I just wanted to make sure if I needed to uninstall it and then install the one from itch.io
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

My apologies for sidetrackin here, but I must ask:

Will we ever get to see any more games like this, pure comedy kindsa things? (Maybe even a sequel to this game?) :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Palmettogamer14 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:38 pm Sort of. I have the one you hosted on your website installed on my computer, but I just wanted to make sure if I needed to uninstall it and then install the one from itch.io
Yes since (hilarious as it might be) a .zip file it's much less likely to be blocked by those antivirus/internet filters/blabla from downloading. While the various .exe could be, so I'm not even making the installers anymore.
BobTheMob wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:30 am Will we ever get to see any more games like this, pure comedy kindsa things? (Maybe even a sequel to this game?) :)
Yes I would like to. Sequel to this game no, since I'm probably never going to do a sequel again for any game. But something like this yes. Of course, maybe in 2025 considering all the games in the queue :mrgreen:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:35 am
Palmettogamer14 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:38 pm Sort of. I have the one you hosted on your website installed on my computer, but I just wanted to make sure if I needed to uninstall it and then install the one from itch.io
Yes since (hilarious as it might be) a .zip file it's much less likely to be blocked by those antivirus/internet filters/blabla from downloading. While the various .exe could be, so I'm not even making the installers anymore.
BobTheMob wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:30 am Will we ever get to see any more games like this, pure comedy kindsa things? (Maybe even a sequel to this game?) :)
Yes I would like to. Sequel to this game no, since I'm probably never going to do a sequel again for any game. But something like this yes. Of course, maybe in 2025 considering all the games in the queue :mrgreen:
Ah I see. So no more installers anymore then? :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Correct, thanks to those foolish OS developers together with the antivirus softwares. Just last week Windows Defender quarantined the latest Ren'Py SDK, removing it from my HD before I could do anything :lol:
At least with .zips that doesn't happen. Imagine the crazy support requests I have to deal with (not everyone is a computer expert). Effectively they've managed to destroy small indies trying to sell direct - both Apple and MS foolishing thinking to get people to use their (terrible) appstores, what is happening instead it's that everyone is migrating to Steam or itch.io/Humble :lol:
Kalibarr
Young scout

Post by Kalibarr »

What about the android version ?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

As usual, not possible. If I made such version, Google Play would remove the app completely from the appstore! Sorry but those are their policies (no nudity/adult content), I can't do anything about it. I could host the android version myself but since I have barely the time to work on the new games, I don't think is a good idea (I wouldn't have time to do any support, and for sure there would be support from people asking how to install an apk etc etc).
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 am As usual, not possible. If I made such version, Google Play would remove the app completely from the appstore! Sorry but those are their policies (no nudity/adult content), I can't do anything about it. I could host the android version myself but since I have barely the time to work on the new games, I don't think is a good idea (I wouldn't have time to do any support, and for sure there would be support from people asking how to install an apk etc etc).
Lol do not forget you have to tell them how to put their device into developer mode so they can actually install the APK file ;)

Nothing bad can happen to a novice with developer controls over their device right? LoL
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, definitely a simple and harmless solution, I wouldn't lose much time with this, riiight? :mrgreen: I'm sorry but it's too "risky" :(