Roommates 1.0.5 beta (with optional nudity)

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
dstaal
Young scout

Re: Roommates 1.0.5 beta (with optional nudity)

Post by dstaal »

The Mac download from itch.io won't launch - and that's after me specifically allowing it as an unsigned app. Oddly, if I dig into the .app structure and launch the executable directly it does launch.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Strange, I got some reports even on Windows. But the actual files I use on itch.io are the same I use on Steam, and there all works fine. I'm not sure why that happens honestly!
dstaal
Young scout

Post by dstaal »

Well, I don't know if this helps, but when launching the executable directly it spawns Terminal, and gives me this error (but works):

Code: Select all

Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I just tried on my Mac and indeed doesn't work even there. I'm going to try to see if with the ich.io app it launches. That info could be useful, I'll ask Ren'Py coder, thanks :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK with the itch.io app it launches just fine, like Steam. Really strange! I'll definitely ask Ren'Py coder to see if he has any ideas for this bizarre behavior. Thanks for letting me know :)
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

)= still no Max x Dominic, seems like this game is just not for me, but cool beans for the people who enjoy it I guess.