Swinging for you jack

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Swinging for you jack

Post by iWeasle »

Haven't posted here in a long time, but I just wanted to tell you jack that I and many people I know are rooting for you against Steam in this censorship debacle.
Roomates and Spirited Heart were the first VNs I ever played and it got me started on a love of the genera that has lasted me to this day, replayed this one last night and it's just as good as I remembered it. Keep making awesome games and don't let them get you down!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Swinging for you jack

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks :) I think things will resolve for the better. In the really worst case I'll just "revert back" Roommates to how it was originally, of course keeping an option to uncensor it even on Steam...
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Did you see, to counter Steam, GOG is opening up to allow Visual Novels now. Might be time for a switch away entirely.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course I saw it. We'll see how it goes, I'm not 100% sure that Gog fanbase is really into VN - especially after they've been rejecting them for years, this sudden change feels a bit weird.
In any case Steam backtracked completely even if I still have to hear back about Roommates :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

This is that lovely Streisand effect in action.
Some of the GoG fanbase might not like VN's. BUT I know one thing they hate even more!
Censorship!, I can't tell you the number of people I've seen saying "I don't even like these games, but I'll defend them"

Also the VN thread is over 20 pages long in less then a day now!