Art Thread [Loren 2]

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Art Thread [Loren 2]

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:01 pm it's the infamous "endless loop of burnout" :lol: And note that this doesn't mean that's the writers fault - there are a lot of things that can happen in life, and while doing the games is my job, for them it's more like a hobby/second job/extra money. While some are really committed, I cannot expect they will all be, considering all the bad things that can happen in life.
There are a lot of people who would love to be able to take up writing full-time; unfortunately, unless you happened to get that 1 in a million hit, that isn't going to happen...and this is the same with regular book authors.

As for the burnout issue, once again, anyone wishing to make any sort of writing into a career must figure out how to handle it. Even if someone works for a AAA studio and is on a part of the team, you still must learn to handle the stresses that come up.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I thought I was immune to burnout, but now I see it myself whenever I work on some big project like for example Cursed Lands, towards the end I start to be really burned out (speaking with other indies doing non-VN games and it's the same for them). I think in all creative jobs it's good after finishing a product to take breaks, read books, watch movies, go on trips, do walks outside, etc. Take some breaks and refill the creative energy :)
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Post by SirSlothMan »

Well im very glad your committed to still finishing the game, and if it reassures you at all I think the game will turn out great. I have faith in your writing abilities and story telling. While of course you cant make everyone happy and they'll always be a few angry buyers im sure that longtime fans of Winter Wolves and Loren will flock to play the new game and enjoy it as I will. I will wait with much anticipation for the new game and be happy to play the games you make in the meanwhile, i've waited a long time for the sequel to Loren I can wait longer for a quality (and sexy) game from you and your team. :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks. If I was in you though I'd also keep an eye on Cursed Lands. So far everyone who tried it loves it, and some say it has the potential to be even better than Loren. Of course, tastes are tastes, etc :)
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Post by SirSlothMan »

Already posted my excitement for Sylrissa :D. Was actually waiting for the update that completes her route then I was going to buy the game, so thats something im very much looking forward to.
Player00013
Young scout

Post by Player00013 »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 pm Yes, I thought I was immune to burnout, but now I see it myself whenever I work on some big project like for example Cursed Lands, towards the end I start to be really burned out (speaking with other indies doing non-VN games and it's the same for them). I think in all creative jobs it's good after finishing a product to take breaks, read books, watch movies, go on trips, do walks outside, etc. Take some breaks and refill the creative energy :)
A question:do you or other artists have the "inspiration's hours"? I am usually creative at 2 to 4 am, I also have the best ideas for the plot and I even conceived the first idea for a novel at those hours when inspiration hit me like a bus, but I don't know if something like this happen to other artists. I also heard that 3 am is Devil's hour and that may explain it :twisted: :lol:
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

Player00013 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:25 pm"inspiration's hours"?
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2012/05/24
Player00013
Young scout

Post by Player00013 »

myoksy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:33 pm
Player00013 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:25 pm"inspiration's hours"?
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2012/05/24
That comic is kinda insulting since I am not a proffesional artist and as a student I can't create art non-stop, but I noticed that at certain hours I feel more creative and I tried to change my program to have free time then and work on my project. I asked that because I wondered if this happened to other artists as well.
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

hu? insulting? I was answering your question - while I am not an artist I quite often find my solutions when under pressure.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Personally, I don't have a "inspiration hour". It was all about finding the right circumstances and motivation to draw. If it's a project, then it's the pressure to complete before the prescribed time frame. It can be boredom, and having materials on hand (usually pencil and paper). Generally speaking, I am more focused if I'm by myself with minimal distractions.

That being said, I'm not nearly prolific in art like a used to be. It's a combination of life getting in the way, other interests taking more priority, and burnout from art in general.