Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
WarStalkeR
Young scout

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek

Post by WarStalkeR »

jack1974 wrote:Ah yes, all the images in this thread are from Planet Stronghold 2 :)
Anyway, I happy that I bought Planet Stronghold. At first I was little pessimistic, but then as story progressed I understood that it totally worth these 25$ :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, I'm always happy when I get such comments 8)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Well said WarStalkerR, it is good to see people look deeper, and realize that we PS and Loren especially, there is a lot more to the game then people think at first.

-sneaks in a comment about her hope for more Lisa GxG romances (possibly even another non-human)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

For now the GxG of Lisa are with Lakadema and Michelle. I am not sure yet if more will be possible since mainly depends also on the artist speed/availability!
WarStalkeR
Young scout

Post by WarStalkeR »

jack1974, what regarding romance with Rumi? I didn't played Rumi's route, so I can't tell if there is CG available or no... And if we already have all kinds of combinations including Yuri and Yaoi, why not make Joshua x Rumi x Rebeca - I bet threesome will be awesome! Harem FTW!

I've also seen on forums somewhere you've asked about amount of nudity in game and about different restrictions in countries & etc. Regarding Nudity - make it more Hentai :) The more eroge scenes will be in Visual Novel / JRPG the more people will be happy about it. Regarding restrictions in countries, you just can make in-game switch, that ask player if he is 18+ or less and then add to some scenes and game moments special flag, that will allow player turn off explicit content. By the way, it's how all ages version of Visual Novels done, developers just release same game, but 18+ version have special variable turned off, while all ages version have special variable turned on - in addition this allows people to switch back and forth whenever they want (if they found where variable lies, in most cases it's very easy to find) :)

jack1974, I also suggest you to play Visual Novel series Muv-Luv (Extra, Unlimited & Alternative), one of the greatest VN series I ever played with best character development. It definitely will help you with development of Planet Stronghold 2 :) and to everybody who wants to know how story and development should look in JRPG/VN. Extra & Unlimited took for me 20 hours each to finish and Alternative took for me 40 hours to finish.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

The thing is, people quickly dismiss VNs that look like hentai. Very quickly. I've had that mindset, too. If the game is just about boinking one of the pretty people, then everything else won't be quality. It's a very easy assumption to make. The US media blew up over Mass Effect of all things. And the damn SIMS! Obviously I disagree with those people, but just looking at Greenlight right now, people are assuming Jack's games are hentai and bashing them just because it looks a little anime at all. Also, a lot of services that he would use, like PayPal and I think even BMT Micro (not sure?) don't allow that sort of content at all. So it's just all around easier, I would think, to stick to just being sexy.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

As Aleema said, I really CAN'T do hentai (even if I wanted) because most payment services (the best ones) don't allow it. Also, In terms of more hentai = more sales, I don't think is also true because I would have even less chances than now to get on Steam or get press coverage, so it would be a big problem to get any coverage (result=much less traffic sales than now).

I don't hide that I played hentai games (when was younger, now don't have much time) and I like erotic comics, so I am very open minded and I don't consider sex as a satanic thing :lol:, but sometimes a sexy story / romance is better than just plain nudity/erotism. You might think I'm mad but I like more the covered version of Loren's sequel romance CG so far than the sexy ones :)

To reply to your original question: yes Rumi has the romance image and is very cute I think :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I agree, a tastefully sexy romance can be a lot better.

I remember the drama over Mass effects scenes and how it got blown way out of proportion, yet now we have the scenes from a game like Witcher 2, yet they went nuts over a small amount of blue alien breast.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the main difference I think is that Bioware is from USA, while The Witcher 2 was made in Poland :lol:
That shows again the huge cultural difference between Europe and USA regarding sexuality/nudity themes.
MarSel
Druid

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek

Post by MarSel »

jack1974 wrote:Well I don't want to post spoilers but there will be a reason why you can romance Cliff ;)
This has changed I guess? Maybe when it comes out next year or whenever we can see the unedited ideas like this one.