The romance graph!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
bugalabear
Young scout

Re: The romance graph!

Post by bugalabear »

Ha! I wish.. I guess Milo is kinda cute.
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

Hm, I thought Lakadema wasn't a woman though?
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

It's been a while since I checked in on this games progress, but from what I remember, she's still a woman. She just happens to be an alien hermaphrodite, or something like that?
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

Ah, if she identifies as a woman then she's a woman. I thought she didn't have a human-related gender identity, and told the player to think of her however they chose.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

daikiraikimi wrote:Ah, if she identifies as a woman then she's a woman.
I fully agree, and either way, I'm sure jack or one of the writers will come in and clear things up with an answer when they can :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it's an alien hermaphrodite, so while apparently is much more similar to a woman, "she" has both male/female reproductive organs. When we resume writing that game writers will think how to call her, I remember thinking about using gender-neutral pronouns like "zir" instead of "him/her" :)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

jack1974 wrote:Yes it's an alien hermaphrodite, so while apparently is much more similar to a woman, "she" has both male/female reproductive organs. When we resume writing that game writers will think how to call her, I remember thinking about using gender-neutral pronouns like "zir" instead of "him/her" :)
Shclee and Shcler for the Futurama reference :D
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

Haha, that would be great. I would seriously support gender neutral pronouns, though! Or having an actual discussion in game where Lakadema asks you how you want to call her, since she doesn't have a human gender identity. (As a side note, for future reference because I hope it's helpful? If you ever make a human character who has non-standard reproductive organs, they would be intersex because true hermaphroditism doesn't exist in humans. For an alien it makes sense though. Anywho, looking forward to Lakadema!)
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

jack1974 wrote:Yes it's an alien hermaphrodite, so while apparently is much more similar to a woman, "she" has both male/female reproductive organs. When we resume writing that game writers will think how to call her, I remember thinking about using gender-neutral pronouns like "zir" instead of "him/her" :)
Professor Farnsworth from Futurama already solved this. He invented "SheHe" or "HeShe"
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

For contemporary usage, I think that singular 'they' and 'ze' are some of the most common. (Although I'm rather partial to the Spivak set, myself, which are also the ones Magical Diary used.)