development thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
cergyn
Young scout

Re: development thread

Post by cergyn »

Thanks, just got a little concerned here. After latest Fire Emblem and Pathfinder:Kingmaker disappointments with gay option, thought it would be better to ask now. Didn't played the beta, waiting for release.
Thank you anyway for your games, you one of few devs that have great gay romances.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No worries, I can understand players' point of view. In this game though beside Cliff there's also Milo as gay option and I'm betting his romance will be very popular :wink:
Also in case was confusing:
- break up scenes in chapter 3 are only if you picked A STARTING ROMANCE. Otherwise they don't play
- "romance lock-up scenes" still in chapter 3 always trigger instead and set a romance until the end of the game (part of chapter 3 and all chapter 4).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Current status :lol:
I know I've said this before, but... this is the most complex game I've ever done!! :mrgreen:
Anyway, I'm almost halfway and thank God I decided to not have a personal quest with the non-party characters (those scenes take a long time to make).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Editor just sent me back Damien's route so that's 100% finished. I checked his single route length and it's more or less comparable to those of Cursed Lands (it's for example 20% longer than Nuala and 15% smaller than Enok, just word counts).
For him, like all the other characters, I had to to a lot of scenes which are mutually exclusive though:
- break up scene, showing up ONLY if you pick him as start romance
- engagement scene showing up ONLY if you start with no romance, or with another romance and then break up
- optional personal quest
so depending on players' choices they might seem shorter. But that's the only way to do it. It's a good thing that I did PS2 before Loren 2 since I'm curious to see what players think. Personally I'm sure that having so many romances is NOT a good idea, if you even want to offer the option to break up/change your mind, etc
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

Where is Chambarra? :lol:
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

She's lost in space!
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

But she is like a god. She is able to witch herself back :D

--> The correct answer would have been: She is busy making love to Elenor :-P
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK so after a while time to update!
Main plot until end of chapter 3 finished! Chapter 4 will be shorter but still with 4 different endings and variants :)
Apart that, finished all the "old characters" romance routes including Cliff. So I still need to finish Milo, Shiler, Avae and Lakadema (I've written about half of each romance path).
Current wordcount is 280k words... lol another SMALL GAME! (tm)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Chapter 4 begins with "the big choice", basically who to ally with. Obfuscated the texts to not make this image totally a spoiler lol
I was going to have a simple menu choice but then I thought was nicer this way!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The game script is DONE. Final wordcount (unedited): 344,712 words !!! :lol:
This has become my biggest game ever. Not just in word count but also the crazy branching. Will be "fun" to test it, even only in VN mode!

The official beta will begin as soon as I get the edited texts back, but considering the size, I don't think that will happen before next month.