Planet Stronghold 2 beta begins!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 beta begins!

Post by Franka »

I'm not sure what balance is broken really, there's just not anything to do for a while, if you're too efficient. I can't over level, because there aren't any mobs to kill. Even if my HP/PP regen was capped, there's plenty of healing items that I could just use those if I wanted to go on.

All of this is only an issue because you implemented a time system of course. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:28 pm All of this is only an issue because you implemented a time system of course. :P
Well a time system is very useful to keep track of things, otherwise would be even worse to code/test (which event was triggered first!? etc).

The main issue is probably that I tested with the deteriorating armor, and even if you have plenty of items to heal, if your defense is low enemies will cut you through easily, so even healing it's a waste. So probably the only solution is to get that thing back working. Or some other kind of fatigue.
Did you get any party member killed? I could introduce some penalty once a character is KO, like lower HP permanently until you rest at the base.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol and I just got an email of an user who said that even in Easy level the game was definitely too hard :lol:
Why I keep making RPGs!? haha
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yeah, you should remember that I'm good at finding exploits in RPGs. :P If I played the game with "standard" stats and slow weapons, it would be a very different experience, I'm sure. I'm guessing everybody would miss all the time, and be so slow the enemies could overwhelm the party.

(There was only one time Rumi was KO'ed, and I just redid that fight...)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Bug: Chat with Philipp after, hm, his injury (spoiler light) on day 15, the chat image doesn't display any injuries.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:44 pm Yeah, you should remember that I'm good at finding exploits in RPGs. :P If I played the game with "standard" stats and slow weapons, it would be a very different experience, I'm sure. I'm guessing everybody would miss all the time, and be so slow the enemies could overwhelm the party.

(There was only one time Rumi was KO'ed, and I just redid that fight...)
True, a bit like the cheat people find in Souls games to kill bosses without a real fight lol. I still think that without the defend bonus is harder, so for now I'll implement that. And also fix the other bugs you found (and some I got by email, basically the first two quests of chapter 2 can be redone each after you finish the other one lol).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wait what is the "chat image" of Philipp you refer to? The icon in the map? Because I see it correctly here, strange. As usual if you have a save... :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
to be clear it shows the eyepatch, not the bandage, that is fine (the bandage is just used in one scene)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Let me see if I have a save before that talk.

Another thing; I really look forward to the day when you stop giving regular enemies paralyze skills. This fight with 3 Matrick Breeders has been going on for more than 10 minutes now...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the save. Yes, I'm aware of the Matricks and I'm thinking to change that, at least for normal enemies. I actually made a new skill that just "adds to the wait counter" of the characters. So in practice delays the next turn a lot, without paralyzing them. I will do something like that.
BTW I made a test using your save, same battle: first used your "speed cheat", then reloaded and went to the gym and reset the attributes to default values. The battle outcome was more or less the same, so I don't think it has such a big impact in the end. It's more about the missing armor degrading, for which I'll need to find a solution.
For today will update with various bugfixes and think about a solution for this issue of doing things too fast :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Well, if the results are more or less the same, I guess I should just pump all my stats into HP/PP instead. :P Guess I'll try that.