Planet Stronghold 2 beta begins!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 beta begins!

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no I just used the defaults. Also I just remembered that for those wanting a higher challenge they can choose dynamic levels so the random encounters (or even ALL the fights) will match your party level. If you do that, even your cheating skills won't be able to prevail! :shock:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Wow. That experiment proved one thing: Will is utterly pointless. Pump your HP high and morale barely drops. The Speed difference is notable though, but generally speaking, it looks like putting all your stats into HP/PP makes the game easier.
jack1974 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:19 pm Haha no I just used the defaults. Also I just remembered that for those wanting a higher challenge they can choose dynamic levels so the random encounters (or even ALL the fights) will match your party level. If you do that, even your cheating skills won't be able to prevail! :shock:
Uhm, I've had very few fights where the enemies were lower level than me, most of them were in fact higher.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

Nice game so far. I like the new aspects that you added.

Apart from some Typos's I found the following things:
- Shock Lvl 1 and Shock Lvl 2 have the same description in the level-up-menu
- If you save and reload, I always get the same results for a skill-check. Dunno if this is intended.
- Reloading rifles and some enemy attacks cause a very high pitched sound on head-phones which is quite painful to be honest. Maybe you can change the sound-file.
- The Superior Medium Helmet is highlighted "green" in comparison to the Precious Medium Helmet Normal suggesting a higher efficiency, although it has only negative modifiers in comparison
- The Precious Medium Armor is highlighted "green" in comparison to the Precious Strong Medium Armor suggesting a higher efficiency, although it has only negative modifiers in comparison

So far from me, doing more testing ;D
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 pm Wow. That experiment proved one thing: Will is utterly pointless. Pump your HP high and morale barely drops. The Speed difference is notable though, but generally speaking, it looks like putting all your stats into HP/PP makes the game easier.
Cool that's interesting :) I will need to make Will more important then. Or maybe not, in many RPG there's a stat that is not essential :)
Franka wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 pm Uhm, I've had very few fights where the enemies were lower level than me, most of them were in fact higher.
OK, I guess mainly depends also on the equipment and other factors. Would be interesting to see if replaying the same identical battle in Hard or Nightmare makes it significantly harder though. I mean after all "normal" difficulty shouldn't be super hard...
DunKalar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:45 pm - If you save and reload, I always get the same results for a skill-check. Dunno if this is intended.
Yes it was done on purpose to avoid save-scumming! I think I even put that in some help text in the game but there's so much to read that's easy to miss :)
Will take a look about the other issues. For comparing, the game mostly considers the key stat of each item, which are:
- weapons => damage
- armor => defense
- helmet => resilience (but also HP/PP regen)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I just did a so called "Impossible" batle (enemy lv9 vs party lv7) on Nightmare difficulty. It wasn't even hard... So yeah, pumping 2/1 into Constitution and Mind (1/1 for Healer Rumi), and leaving everything else at 0 is super duper easy mode. :lol:
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

jack1974 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:04 pm
Will take a look about the other issues. For comparing, the game mostly considers the key stat of each item, which are:
- weapons => damage
- armor => defense
- helmet => resilience (but also HP/PP regen)
I get the impression that the comparison of items is rated on level alone and not on stats. At least it seems to me this way when I compare those items.
If an item has only equal or worse stats, it would be illogic to assume that it has better defense or damage ;-) That's at least what math suggests ^^
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

Found another bug:

The transition from Day 11 to Day 12 replays the cutscene where you report your Mission Success back to Prince "Golden Boy" and Shiler.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:50 pm I just did a so called "Impossible" batle (enemy lv9 vs party lv7) on Nightmare difficulty. It wasn't even hard... So yeah, pumping 2/1 into Constitution and Mind (1/1 for Healer Rumi), and leaving everything else at 0 is super duper easy mode. :lol:
Lol OK. Maybe time to introduce some caps or something then!
DunKalar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:53 pm I get the impression that the comparison of items is rated on level alone and not on stats. At least it seems to me this way when I compare those items.
If an item has only equal or worse stats, it would be illogic to assume that it has better defense or damage ;-) That's at least what math suggests ^^
I'll take a look :)
DunKalar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:29 pm Found another bug:

The transition from Day 11 to Day 12 replays the cutscene where you report your Mission Success back to Prince "Golden Boy" and Shiler.
This was fixed in the last update I think, 0.6.13 ? Did you play with that version?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I updated the game adding a lot of nerfs lol. I think now is much more balanced though. I tested Franka's battle and I was still able to win, but was much more difficult than before. For now I'll keep it as it is. Until someone finds a new trick/way to cheat :mrgreen:
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

jack1974 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:26 am
DunKalar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:29 pm Found another bug:

This was fixed in the last update I think, 0.6.13 ? Did you play with that version?
Yea, I updated yesterday evening before playing :)