Planet Stronghold 2 release!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
myoksy
Druid

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 release!

Post by myoksy »

when Lucille introduces datapads it is explained that the item level is according to the player level at decrpytion time. but actually the item level is fixed to the player level at the time of getting the pad.

empire scouts have an incorrect icon in the turn order (not a black head with a green uniform but an orange head with a red uniform)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah doh you're right :lol: Will change the text!
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

milo.rpy: "a trascendental experience"
-> transcendental

chp1.rpy: "Is she having a drink problem now?"
-> drinking problem
empire scouts have an incorrect icon in the turn order (not a black head with a green uniform but an orange head with a red uniform)
-> found it. empire scouts and captains use the same icon
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes indeed, I have already fixed it here, waiting to do the update in case you find more typos (so I don't reach version 1.0.99999 :lol:)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

chp2.rpy: "Commander of the Imperial forces on Planet Stronghold."
-> nope, I chose the rebel side for this playthrought

the not fully healed thingy (https://www.winterwolves.net/posting.ph ... 37&p=46909) is even worse: not only do special events hinder healing but the HP is lowered to 75%. The help text "your party will be fully healed only if you choose to rest (using the button 'End Day')" is a lie. your reasoning was an otherwise too easy game - this may be true or not (I don't have a fixed opionon on this), but damaging chars when the player clicked in the button that should restore health is imo a no-go (no one sleeps *that* fitful : )).

heavy weapons (cannons and bazookas) are underpowered, imho. an assault rifle or machine gun has on the same weapon level about half the damage, but fires 2 to 5 shots and is much faster - the AoE does not balance it.

generic.rpy: "Soot started to jumping on the sand"
-> "started to jump" or "started jumping"
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Can you send me a save where the HP is lowered by 75%? That shouldn't happen indeed!
Regarding heavy weapons I'm not sure, in certain battles the AOE is MUCH more powerful. Using Milo I regularly destroy grouped enemies, especially the ones with high armor. I think might depend on the playing style though.
I heard same comments on sniper rifles, which I think are powerful too since have high critical chance and sometimes they can almost kill an enemy with one shot (if you're lucky of course :P).
Maybe the reality is more than machineguns are overpowered lol
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

ah, wait; I totally missed that avoiding random encounters lowers the HP... I linked the HP loss to special events as they quite often open maps for exploration. sorry.

about sniper rifles/heavy weapons/machine guns: you may be right, the 5 shot salvo is an extremely deadly damage dealer. but removing it would kill the difference between SMGs and the bigger rifles. better not touch it?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah I am at one point honestly that I'd rather not touch the core mechanics. I mean I'm sure they're not 100% perfect but I really never had so few "complaints" (even polite like yours) about it like this game :) so I fear of breaking something now lol
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

what is "Check Chance" in the char overview of encounters?

one easyish (and probably rather safe) way to reduce the deadliness of assault rifles and machine guns is lowering the crit chance of the two weapon types

generic.rpy (twice): "Mckendry" -> "McKendry"

item comparison: should you ever make a RPG again (and I hope so) please put all regen ware in a special slot (say cyber implant for SF or divine sigil for fantasy) - it is stupendously time-consuming to find the helmets with the best regen values : )

milo.rpy: "staying in cooped up in a research lab"
-> strike the first "in"

tom.rpy: "His gaze is low, las if he is thinking about something."
-> "as if"

rumi.rpy: "I'm fairly cetain"
-> "fairly certain"
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Check chance is in practice how likely is to trigger a morale-condition (fear, rage, etc)

And yes the SMG/Machineguns shouldn't have such high critical, that can be changed I think.

About regen you mean sorting items in vendors based on those values? :)