A mysterious message

A steampunk RPG
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Re: A mysterious message

Post by deathknight1728 »

So this game is steampunk. Forgive for sounding stupid but does that mean like Arcanum by Troika?

Im hoping this game goes a similar route with guns than all out fantasy like Loren. Or melee weapons and guns (both) would be cool too.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes Arcanum is a good example, though there's no magic in this game. There will be both melee and guns, and maybe some exotic/weird weapons, considering the provenience of certain party members...
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

What about the main character? I prefer it when they have a unique weapon from everyone else :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haven't yet discussed the various skills, also because I am not sure yet what engine I'll use for this game - if the new one is ready I would like to use that, otherwise Loren's one. Anyway yes the plan is to have some unique skills for each character, and it might be associated to a specific (sometimes unique) weapon type.
FenCayne
Young scout

Post by FenCayne »

deathknight1728 wrote:Im hoping this game goes a similar route with guns than all out fantasy like Loren. Or melee weapons and guns (both) would be cool too.
Yes, it will be more 'realistic' than Loren, in terms of setting, skills, weaponry, and technology. The trick is to make the combat tactically interesting in a world with accurate and accessible guns.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Wow its been a long time since we had any news from this game, is there anything that you can share Jack?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I got a bunch of texts + some interesting gameplay ideas around November last year (I think, maybe was October?). Fen is working on this in his spare time but he's really committed to finish it. I really can't make any predictions, but this is one of the games where I'll wait to have the full plot done before starting art, so hopefully will be able to pick the most appropriate CGs, and so on :)
Also I'll be able to use the new RPG framework which should fit better a setting like this one where you have guns, because of ammo, reloading times, etc that with Loren's framework is a bit tricky to do.
Breaker
Young scout

Post by Breaker »

This game looks very promising. Will have to tell my sister and nephew about? Oh, I'm sure when the demo comes out I'll play it and buy it, but I'm still busy dumping out paper to recycle and go knew everything to put it in its proper place in the home. But, I'm sure this winter cleaning will be work out fine. 8)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

How I miss the weekly or just over sneak previews. Seems like ages since the last...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, it was A WHILE indeed. I'd say at least 6 months! Hopefully he'll have time to do more of them soon :oops: