True Confessions of Game Writer

A steampunk RPG
FenCayne
Young scout

True Confessions of Game Writer

Post by FenCayne »

So, er, I have a small confession to make to those of you eagerly awaiting the adventures of Roger Steel and co.
Over the last few weeks I’ve been, ahem, cheating on Ann and Arthur with those post-life rascals Lily and Ace. This doesn’t mean I’ve stopped working with Ann and Arthur. Far from it. It’s just that Jack mentioned he was looking for a writer as an aside in an email to me back in June, and after being teased by Lily and her friends over the last few months (and years…) I finally succumbed to temptation and volunteered to flesh them out, narratively speaking.
This doesn’t necessarily mean either game is going to be further delayed. Looking at the progress charts (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3128), we can see that whereas 80% of Roger Steel’s writing is done, a considerable amount of art and coding remain; for Undead Lily, the situation is almost completely the reverse. Of course stuff might happen, as stuff often does, but with Roger Steel’s adventures entering the home straight, and Undead Lily having a much simpler narrative, I think writing the projects side-by-side is not only feasible but will make each game that much better, not least because I am scripting Undead Lily straight into Ren’Py and the lessons I learn in that exercise will pay off when I come to transcribe the more complex Roger Steel script from screenplay-format into this framework. I hope to have drafts for both games finished this year.
I won’t be making any rash promises to post regular (or irregular for that matter!) sneak previews onto the Undead Lily forum, but I will be posting there to introduce myself. I will continue to update this forum with Roger Steel’s progress and post a new sneak previews ‘soon’.
In the meantime, thank you for your continued interest and patience!