Nicole tips/tricks

A mystery life sim set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Nicole tips/tricks

Post by jack1974 »

I'm not going to do a full walkthrough now, maybe later if I have time. However something I can do is list all the items/gifts based on the character who will like them. This should be already helpful for those struggling to get the endings.
Here it is, the first item on list is the one the character will like more:
Darren:
Spoiler:
Related Stat: Amity
USB laptop charm: “A cool, little charm you can place in a USB port. This little robot’s just looking for a place to recharge.”
pocketwatch: “A clock for your pocket. The best part is pulling it out when someone asks for the time.”
antique quill: “A feather that doubles as a pen. For those who were writing before it became cool. Comes with its own snazzy ink well.”
booklight: “A light for when you just can’t put that book down. Perfect for night owls or those who can’t pay for electricity.”
fuzzy socks: “A cute pair of socks. Just like fuzzy slippers, except you can wear them ANYWHERE!”
Kurt:
Spoiler:
Related Stat: Zeal
mp3 arm brace: “A brace to strap your mp3 player to your arm. For those with slippery hands and no pockets.”
football pillow: “A soft fuzzy pillow shaped like a football. Use it to keep your head in the game at all times!”
earbuds: “A compact listening device. When you want to listen to music, but don’t want other people to know you’re listening to music!”
underarmor: “A piece of sportswear. Now you have a way to comfily show off all that hard work you’re doing at the gym.”
school pennant: “A cool little flag screaming with school spirit. You’ll always know the mascot now.”
Ted:
Spoiler:
Related Stat: Diligence
coffee thermos: “A gift for any lover of coffee. Don’t say ‘addict’; the preferred term is ‘aficionado’.”
belt: “A stylish way to keep your pants up when your waistband fails you.”
key ring: “A charm with a sturdy ring used for holding keys. For those with many responsibilities."
piggy bank: “A charming bank useful for holding spare change. The plug’s at the bottom; put the hammer down.”
day planner: “A book for when you want to approach life in a step-by-step basis. Nothing says order like daily columns and lined pages.”
Jeff:
Spoiler:
Related Stat: Wit
Scarf: “A simple wool scarf. The perfect accessory for the cold autumn chill.”
cane: “A nifty walking stick. You say it’s for your back, but we know you just wave this around like a sword.”
leather bound journal: “A place for writing notes and thoughts. The leather adds a fancy touch.”
rucksack: “A classy bag useful for carrying your various belongings. Don’t call it a backpack. There’s a difference, okay?”
all-purpose cleaning cloth: “A microfiber cloth. If you get it dirty, you can clean it with this.”
carucaru
Young scout

Re: Nicole tips/tricks

Post by carucaru »

Hi, I'm struggling a bit with any special/mystery ending and I hope it's okay if I ask here.

The first boy I pursued was Kurt. I've maxed out our relationship to 100, my zeal is 999 and my clue stat is also maxed out at 999. But I can only get the normal ending. How comes?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You didn't unlock all the mystery scenes then. Like with romance, you must not wait too much before investigating. You need to play all the 8 mystery scenes for the special ending to appear.
Reina.miyu
Young scout

Post by Reina.miyu »

Um, before I actually play the whole game again, do you mind...listing the scenes for each guy and the mystery scenes as well? I kinda lost count everytime and end up getting the normal romantic end :(
Note: You said the game ends on 21st Dec, but it always ends on 17th Dec... And then I get the normal romantic end >< Shouldn't it end on the 21st though? There will be more time for the scenes to play right? @@
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well 21st is the "last deadline", then depending on how you unlock the scenes it can happen before. In general each scene happens XX days of distance, so you could have the 9th scene the 13 and the last one the 17 (some scenes requires specific days of week, like not in the weekend).
I think you simply need to raise the clues value faster - to get the mystery endings is better to reach the 999 clues sooner than the relationships values.
In practice there's the last mystery scene where you discover an abandoned building. If that scene doesn't play first, you get normal romance ending.
Nichole
Young scout

Post by Nichole »

Man, I've played the game three times now and I love it, but I can't get anything but the Very Bad Ending. I've gone for Darren each time, 999 wit, 999 clues as early as I possibly can. I don't do anything but raise Clues and Wit from the start. And without help I figured out all the gifts and proper responses, but I still always get the Very Bad Ending. Each time I've gotten past the scene at the abandoned building too. And past the scene where Darren runs away. Do I just suck at (simulated) life?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No you're simply raising the wrong stat. Darren's associated stat is NOT WIT. Check the first post of this thread :lol:
Nichole
Young scout

Post by Nichole »

It's affirmative. I suck at life. Yikes. Thank you for your sage wisdom.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oh you're not the only one that raised the wrong stat, no worries :)
namai00
Young scout

Post by namai00 »

Just going to add my two cents here.. because I was confused by this myself.. if you do unlock the mystery ending with any guy, you will see the normal ending first. So.. don't panic like I did when you see "normal ending unlocked" and you've got all the right stats for the mystery ending, cause the game doesn't end there.. xD I'd say this game doesn't need a full fledged "walkthrough" I mean.. gifts, stats, and explaining that you should probably get clues up to max before maxing a relationship value seems to be plenty, and scenes unlock on their own with the right stats soo.. yup. Though as simple as that sounds, it still seemed to have caused confusion. :x

I only got one ending so far, but I'd like to write up my current thoughts about the game.. :)

First I have to say I love Nicole, she has much more personality than most heroines, even if said personality irked me every now and then, hahah. I love her various outfits and she is overall a very pretty girl. I dunno about anyone else, but I love it when the heroine in an otome game is by normal standards, pretty darn attractive. Speaking of characters, I very much hate two of the four guys ^^;.. their personalities anyway, as characters they are pretty awesome. -cough Jeff and Kurt -cough- I also like how
Spoiler:
Darren was revealed as voix pretty early on, dragging that out would have been a bit cliche', so I liked that approach.
Gameplay was smooth for me.. being the noob that I am though, I chose to play on easy. Just my preference, if I screw over a save file too badly, I'd like to not spend hours upon hours redoing what progress I made. x.x this is why I thought it was a wonderful idea to warn players of when the romance path was pretty much going to be set in the game, I did make a different save for that spot to go back and try for the other guys.

Writing was great, and actually made me laugh out loud quite a few times with the humor. Well.. your games are just getting better and better. :) Seriously, keep it up~ same goes to the wonderful artist, loved this style in Always Remember Me, very glad to see it back.

So yeah.. had a lot of fun, looking forward to the other three paths.