Why ya gotta do me like this, Ted?

A mystery life sim set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm
maybemole
Young scout

Why ya gotta do me like this, Ted?

Post by maybemole »

Have been playing through Ted's route, easy mode, so everything was maxed out a decent time before the due date (affection levels 100, clues are at 999, diligence maxed)
but when it comes to the "ish is finally going down" day it says I've unlocked the "Extremely Bad Ending." No fluffy feelings scene where all the loose ends are tied up, no relieved snogging, nothing.
Suffice to say I was spooked off the game for a while because really? I like Nicole, and I didn't feel like sitting through that.

Of course my question is, did I screw up, and if so do I need to start over?

Stop pouting and save me Ted.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Why ya gotta do me like this, Ted?

Post by jack1974 »

You don't need the right stats only, but you need to play the scenes in the right order before the ending deadline. Scenes trigger by date up to the 4th one, then based on the relationship, so you can't wait too much to build up the relationship/affection level. Each scene plays between 3-4 days of distance from each one. If you browse this forum you can see more hints.
maybemole
Young scout

Post by maybemole »

Ah, so I just didn't give it enough time to pop up at the end... ah well, back to the beginning with me! Gives me an excuse to play it again. XD
Spoiler:
Props to the character writing in this game by the way, I couldn't even hate that villainous little turd Jeff too much at the end.
Cassandre
Young scout

Post by Cassandre »

maybemole wrote:Ah, so I just didn't give it enough time to pop up at the end... ah well, back to the beginning with me! Gives me an excuse to play it again. XD
Spoiler:
Props to the character writing in this game by the way, I couldn't even hate that villainous little turd Jeff too much at the end.

Thanks for the spoilers. Really.
Greetings from Ukraine!
Cassandre
Young scout

Post by Cassandre »

Also, I've seen the house scene, I also have everything maxxed, stat, affection and clue, but I only got the Normal ending.. on December 20th in front of the theatre?

Edit: Mmm... I MAY Have done this right. I wasn't aware I could get both endings at the same time.
Greetings from Ukraine!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sorry quite busy recently so can't post much. Anyway if you look in the forums there's a walkthrough and tips thread.
I also edited the two previous posts adding a spoiler tag!
Cassandre
Young scout

Post by Cassandre »

Hehe. Thanks Jack. :) I actually posted that thing for those who may not have figured out who it was. I already had, but others may not have. :)
Greetings from Ukraine!
Kass1214
Young scout

Post by Kass1214 »

Cassandre wrote:Also, I've seen the house scene, I also have everything maxxed, stat, affection and clue, but I only got the Normal ending.. on December 20th in front of the theatre?

Edit: Mmm... I MAY Have done this right. I wasn't aware I could get both endings at the same time.

If you do unlock the special ending, the normal ending is played right before it. I had no idea about that until recently - I perfectly worked Kurt's route 100000000 times but I thought I screwed up because it played the normal ending first...