Battle Chasers: Nightwar

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Post by jack1974 »

I've been enjoying this RPG (got it on a PS4 Humble Bundle deal). it's very simple, 3 vs 3 fights, but really has some depth! A good example of a RPG in which even grinding is fun :)
It's particularly interesting to me as developer beside player, because it has no front/back row, only 4 pieces of equipment but still provides a good variety of tactics. Definitely will take some inspiration for my future RPGs!
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Post by Franka »

I have it on Steam, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. 83 games installed right now...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, well of that bundle I got was the only one worth playing (there were other 5-6 games that I installed, played 10 minutes and then forgot about them).
Now that finally I have a good connection I can download a 20Gb game without problems to try it out and if I don't like it, moving on the next one :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I think the combat was easily the strongest point of Battle Chasers: Nightwar; and greatly improve upon the classic JRPGs that inspired it. I like the synergy between different skills and overcharge mechanic. The perks you gain from killing certain types of enemies is a nice touch. However, in cases where I want to avoid combat (especially in Strongmont), that can be difficult when environments are often cramped and the enemies themselves move quickly.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes sometimes the unavoidable grinding was a bit too much for my tastes indeed :)