What are you playing?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: What are you playing?

Post by jack1974 »

Today was browsing youtube and randomly stumbled into a series about Detroit: Becoming Human and I watched them (I played that game when it came out for PS4). I forgot how amazing the story (Kara and Connor, the other was "meh") was. Really insane, and very actual right now considering AI advancement and the first android prototypes.
All the various choices and paths, plus the lesbian stripper couple was... AWWW :)

Sometimes is weird how you forget some of the games you played. I think this one is probably one of my favorite. Best writing/acting/ideas in years :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There was an offer for The Quarry so I bought it and started playing. Just the beginning but seems cool so far. I don't think will reach the quality of Until Dawn but for now I want to be optimistic :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I still ned to finish it. I got a bit annoyed when my favorite character died and started playing something else. :lol:

Just picked up Jagged Alliance 3. As a huge fan of JA, JA: Deadly Games and JA 2, I gave this one a chance, as it looked a lot better than what others have done with the franchise after Sir-Tech disbanded. So far, pretty good, retained the individuality of the various characters, which is one of the things I loved most about the originals.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah cool, I really liked the Jagged Alliance series but previous last games weren't up to the first titles. Might take a look at it too :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

It's good, but it has technical issues. I had to fiddle a lot with the graphics options to get it to run (almost) smoothly and still look pretty good. Hopefully, the developers will optimize it over time.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Played a bit more of the Quarry and I like it, but still I prefer Until Dawn. It's fun but I still think even after all those years is the best game done by Supermassive :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Finished the Quarry with only two casualties, but all the girls remained alive. I even wanted to kill some of the guys on purpose but failed :lol:
Might be because I've been on the other side so much but I sort of knew "ah of course if you go up there before first checking the bag, you'll die" and I was right almost every time :)

I also started playing Divinity 2 since I got it for PS4 years ago and I never actually played it. It's very good but was surprised to see that in such a big game made by a team of people there were several plot-holes, or better mistakes (not sure how to call them). For example, you finish a quest, and there were still dialogues of some NPC which were like "did you find the missing guy" after you completed it. Such things, scattered through the game. It's a minor thing of course but was surprised to see this in a game otherwise with very high production values
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Since I have completed Divinity 2, I can safely say that I think it's massively overrated. The story is ass, the battles drag on endlessly in certain situations, and the whole endgame is just one big "why do I have to go through this?"

I hope you like it better than I did. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I heard other fans on Discord talking badly about it :lol:
I am not even sure if I'll have time to finish it TBH!!! The story seems very confusing for now, I don't like much the "inner demon" and the dreamy / otherwordly scenes. I must confess what I like more so far is the RPG part, though I agree the combat has also some issues.
For example, so far enemies I encountered all attack from distance, taking advantage of your party grouped together, and in some cases they're a bit too long indeed.
Also while the explorable map is nice, I think I prefer 3d stuff like Elden Ring, exploring a 2d map is very tedious (maybe beause I'm playing on PS5 so it's even worse without a mouse).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So I uninstalled Divine Divinity Original Sin 2! Lol my main character died, and I had no resurrection scrolls (I think it's the only way to bring your character back to life). Went to town to buy it, but when I got back, I could see the ghost of my character but the resurrect scroll wouldn't work. Tried for 15 minutes since I thought it was impossible that the game would bug like that, but no luck. Crazy though, first time I am unable to finish a game due to a bug like that.
Yes I could have loaded latest save but was so far behind and I was so pissed off that I just uninstalled it lol