Dragon Age inquisition early reviews

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Dragon Age inquisition early reviews

Post by jack1974 »

Anyway lol, I just realized that this week also releases Valkyrie Chronicles (very good game) and Pillars Of Eternity. I don't think those two have romances, but are still RPG. I clearly picked the best date to officially release my game :lol:
rooke30
Young scout

Post by rooke30 »

Pillars of Eternity won't be released till next year.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK, vhew! anyway good news for RPG players :lol:
i_nikki
Young scout

Post by i_nikki »

'Dragon Age:I' is coming.
'Witcher 3' is coming.
'StarCraft2: Legacy of the Void' was announced.

Yeah, really great news for all players. :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Anyway lol, I just realized that this week also releases Valkyrie Chronicles (very good game) and Pillars Of Eternity. I don't think those two have romances, but are still RPG. I clearly picked the best date to officially release my game :lol:
Valkyria Chronicles pre-ordered, even if I already own it on PS3. It's a forced story, no branches, so the romance is built into it. It's more of a strategy game than an RPG.

As for the amount of characters in DA:I, I've yet to see a Bioware game where important characters aren't memorable. I guess we'll see, but from everything I've read so far, it will be fantastic.
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

9.5 from Gameinformer is pretty promising for DA:I
rooke30
Young scout

Post by rooke30 »

Franka wrote: Valkyria Chronicles pre-ordered, even if I already own it on PS3. It's a forced story, no branches, so the romance is built into it. It's more of a strategy game than an RPG.
Agreed, feels like "XCOM with a cool story/characters but a crappy grading system." I don't think Winterwolves has to worry about VC cutting into SOTW's sales.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah well I am not worried too much honestly, they're much bigger games than mine. Also quoting my "colleague" Jeff Vogel of Spiderweb:
"once they finish with those (AAA/other) games they will be hankering for more. And you will be there!" :mrgreen:

So yeah maybe the launch could suffer a bit, but I knew that already, just before Christmas... not the best time to launch a new game :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I've been fooling around with Dragon Keep, the import tool for decisions in Dragon Age Origins & II (probably needs you to have registered with Origin), and the sheer amount of choices that will have an impact on Inquisition is kind of scary. So many of those choices I never even got to see when playing those games!

Best of luck with Loren 2! :mrgreen: :wink:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Heh, I got two saves as well made...my Female Dwarf Noble, and Male Human Noble (how else would I romance Anora and Morrigan? ;) ).

In general, I do think a slight delay may be wise, though obviously I don't have any numbers to back it up.